RIP Zac Bertschy of Anime News Network

Avatar image for deactivated-6336ddb0762be
deactivated-6336ddb0762be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/editorial/2020-05-22/zac-bertschy-in-memoriam/.159803

I felt that I should post this here, for those who might not have heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-6336ddb0762be
deactivated-6336ddb0762be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/site-news/2020-05-23/zac-bertschy-memorial-service-updated-with-url/.159852

Memorial stream today @ 9pm EDT, 6pm PDT.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm not familiar with the website, but it's always terrible to hear about stuff like this. His obituary makes him sound like a pretty cool dude, and I like that they ask for any contributions to go to the Humane Society and Trevor Project. Rest in peace dude.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I barely interacted with the guy but he seemed like a decent person and anime fan from his stuff I read. RIP Zac.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw this news and was as shocked as everyone especially since I'm close in age to him. Anime New Network is like the Gamespot or IGN of anime websites. It and AnimeonDVD were basically the two sites that started it all for anime content on the web and Zac was there. That and he was a writer for Anime Insider, dude almost felt like a Jeff Gerstmann or Andy Mcnamara, but for anime. If you've been following anime in some way for the past 20 years you've noticed this guys influence. Not to mention the ANNcast has been around for 10+ years and podcasting 10 years ago wasn't really a thing like it is now.

I wasn't really a fan of his at the start, but I felt like he changed and grew a lot over the years, which I thought was great, and I really appreciated his takes on things especially as time went on. Really sad news, RIP Zac.

geeelectronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rip