Can you limit the information games.platform returns?

horstketterm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello all,

I am using the api to help with a Database Systems project, and I am going to be honest I have not done to much in this realm. I have been catching on as I work through though. I am currently trying to pull up a list of games released between 1995-2005. I need the name, id, release year, and platforms. Having the platforms gives me much more information than I need. Is there a way to limit what platforms will return (such as just id and name)?

This is what I have been using

http://www.giantbomb.com/api/games/?api_key=[key]&format=json&filter=original_release_date:1995-01-01T00:00:00-05:00|2005-12-31T00:00:00-05:00&field_list=id,name,original_release_date,platforms

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd be curious to see how it would be done, but I don't think you can using just URL queries. Is there a reason you're worried about the amount of additional data being pulled? It's not a whole lot more than what you're already asking for. If you like, you can always take this result and iterate through it with whatever code you are using (PHP, Angular, etc.), entering only the parts you want into an array, which you could then use in your application/site/whatever.