Searches not returning results?

Avatar image for starfoxa


Forum Posts


Wiki Points



Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm using Giant Bomb's API to help me populate a database for my databases class, but I'm running into a little bit of a problem. When I search for a game, no results are returned. I had it working perfectly last night, so I don't believe it's my code that's having an issue. Are there usage limits with the API? I've probably searched ~3000 times since last night.

I should also mention that it's not an issue 100% of the time. It seems to be intermittent. Five searches will be successful, then a few will be unsuccessful. 95% will be successful, then every search will fail for the next 10 minutes.

No Caption Provided

Clearly those games should be returning at least one result.

Here's how I'm constructing my search key:

var address = new Uri("[api_key]&format=json&query=\"" + gameName + "\"&resources=game");

The error for one of my requests changed from "OK" to "Rate limit exceeded," so I think I found my issue!

I ended up just setting my script to sleep for 15 minutes every time I get status code 107 then playing Far Cry 4 while it ran.