Getting into Battlefield 4 now - bad idea?

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've played many Battlefields and I consider myself a veteran and a top player. But I missed out on BF4.

Now I remember during the Battlefield 3 craze that pay-to-win "shortcuts" were offered for cash.

My question is: Since new-age Battlefield games are so reliant on gun/vehicle unlocks and perks, is it too late to start the game from scratch now that most players have leveled up really high and have acquired advanced gear and perks?

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From a casual perspective I would say not at all. I am low level and enjoy playing from time to time. With the following boost packs from crates and a squad you can play with often, you will level up fast probably.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd probably jump into BF4 ASAP because I believe they are currently giving out all of its expansions for free.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MudKatt

Nah I still play from time to time on ps4 and I'm not all that leveled up. I usually have a good time, I really just like conquest. Itd a lot of fun and since everything is free or cheap a lot of new people are hopping on

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

The vehicles is the only area where a new player might struggle, both in operating and taking them out. You won't last long in tanks without some of those unlocks, and the starting launchers aren't quite as good as the ones that have more lock on capability. But that stuff doesn't take too long to get anyway.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acidbrandon18 said:

I'd probably jump into BF4 ASAP because I believe they are currently giving out all of its expansions for free.

Duder, thanks for the heads up! For anyone else, make sure to use the code ORIGIN50 to cut the price down to $10 for the base game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember the last time i played BF4 and then out of curiosity loaded up BF3 the latter seemed more populated. i think that was in the midst of the issues it was still having, though. i get the impression BF3 is the more well regarded of the two? played quite a bit more of that but still not a substantial amount of each.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: BF3 is more well-liked among fans. I've never really understood why though. I've been playing Battlefield since BF1942 and BF4 is definitely my favorite.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BF4 has like 10 times the players of BF3, at least on PC.

you can check the pops here: http://bf3stats.com/ http://bf4stats.com/

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it on launch and fell off after about 10 hours because of all the launch issues it had. I jumped back in about a month ago and did totally fine. The Battlefield games have never been ones where you can get left in the dust because there's so many actions a singular player can do to feel like their accomplishing something. Granted getting in a tank with a mate and going 80-0 is still the most fun of those actions, I'm going to miss engineers in BF1.

Also if the interface of BF1 is any indication they intend on keeping BF4 in the forefront even after BF1's release.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eh. Screw it. I might as well get in as well. Haven't played a regular-ass shooter since Bad Company 1, and the mere-exposure from the recent Call of Duty sales on Steam and Humble Bundle is getting to me.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudkatt said:

Nah I still play from time to time on ps4 and I'm not all that leveled up. I usually have a good time, I really just like conquest. Itd a lot of fun and since everything is free or cheap a lot of new people are hopping on

Game's fucking EXCELLENT.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all of the DLC being free, I want to revive the GBSQ team and invite everyone to join in the battle before BF1. My username is RealmSweeper.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even starting from scratch, you really don't need to unlock all that much to have a solid class, especially with the Assault class. The AEK-971 and M416 are arguably two of the best guns in the game and you get them pretty early.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I love BF4, to the point where playing the new beta just made me jump back into 4 instead of thinking of buying 1. It's just fun to be in battles of such big scale, even if you're not particularly good.