Buy an ad on the Bombcast?

FuriOsaFuriosA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FuriOsaFuriosA

Can a regular person (meaning, not a big company represented by a professional ad agency) just buy an ad on the Bombcast? If so, how the heck do you do that? I've looked around on the site and haven't found much. Advice would be really appreciated.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@paulmako: @darthorange: @furiosafuriosa: The link on the bottom of the site for advertising is to advertise on CBS websites with banner ads etc.

You can buy advertising space on podcasts (including Giant Bomb) through Midroll. You have to contact Midroll about it though, so I don't know if they'll let just anyone advertise.

The way it works is you set out a campaign date (how long your want your ads read for) and select what podcasts you want your ads on, how many spots you want per episode and when in those podcasts you'd like your ads to be read.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By paulmako

There's a link at the bottom of the page here called 'Advertise' that will take you through to the CBS contact list for advertising.

I think you might need to be a big company to afford it though. And to be taken seriously.

So I guess no. Sorry.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

FuriOsaFuriosA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: Thanks, good idea. I followed the link and poked around, and found an email for their ad rep for Giant Bomb and a few other brands...but it bounced back as undeliverable. I tried the one for some other CBS properties; same problem. I guess they really don't want people to be able to get in touch without an agency.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Giantbomb should do what the McElroy Bros. (I think all the Maximum Fun podcast do this not just MBMBaM) do and have people buy messages for the crew to read. They'd get the money upfront instead of the pittance they get when someone uses a promo code.