Combining Ham & Turkey has already been done! :)

DeusExMathias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DeusExMathias

With regards to one of the discussed emails in the last podcast:
Ham and turkey have already been combined in to one delicious sandwich, called a "Monte Cristo."
This can be a double-decker or single layer sandich and It consists of the following layers between 2-3 slices of bread:

• Ham
  • American Cheese
  • Turkey
  • Swiss Cheese
  • Bacon (optional, yet mandatory)

The sandwich is then dipped in batter and deep-fried!  :)
It is served sprinkled with powdered sugar and comes with a side of Strawberry or Rasberry jam for spreading. (in lieu of deep frying the entire sandwich, french toast can be substituted for the bread slices.)

If you've never had a Monte Cristo sandwich, you are misssing out on life! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich

~Matt Steele
Houston, TX

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I frequently order this sandwich at Bennigan's. At first the raspberry shit is weird, but it's actually really good.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By dethfish

Doesn't Subway put Ham and Turkey on lots of their sandwiches, like the Subway Melt?

A Monte Cristo sandwich sounds delicious.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gmanall
DeusExMathias said:
"With regards to one of the discussed emails in the last podcast:
Ham and turkey have already been combined in to one delicious sandwich, called a "Monte Cristo."
This can be a double-decker or single layer sandich and It consists of the following layers between 2-3 slices of bread:
  • Ham
  • American Cheese
  • Turkey
  • Swiss Cheese
  • Bacon (optional, yet mandatory)

The sandwich is then dipped in batter and deep-fried!  :)
It is served sprinkled with powdered sugar and comes with a side of Strawberry or Rasberry jam for spreading. (in lieu of deep frying the entire sandwich, french toast can be substituted for the bread slices.)

If you've never had a Monte Cristo sandwich, you are misssing out on life! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich

~Matt Steele
Houston, TX

"
That sounds so good, I have never had one (You have to have bacon)
DeusExMathias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DeusExMathias

My wife custom orders one from Katz's Deli.  Since they only serve kosher food there (I think - no ham or bacon, anyway),  she gets them to make it using french toast,  turkey, and turkey ham.
Everytime she does, we get kitchen staff and managers swinging by our table to tell us how they "all want one now."  We call it the "Kosher Monte Cristo" and keep trying to get them to add it to the menu - no luck yet. :P

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pezen

Quite similar to my own favorite, exclude ham and introduce mayo and tomato. Oh and no deep frying it, naturally. A monte cristo do sound pretty damn good though. I curse bombcast (in a nice and polite manner, of course) for making me go to a far off store just to get Hellmann's mayo for my sandwich that I began craving after the sandwich discusson. The mayo is only available there because it's the only store in town to import it. Our Swedish mayo just doesn't cut it for my sandwich needs.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Systech

Hey this was my question on the Bombcast. I didn't give permission to anyone to post a topic about it.