How the Bombcast could have special Guests each Week!

Barrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Barrier

I don't know why, but after hearing the PAX podcast I've really been wishing for them to have some of their old chums back on the show every once in a while. I knew always this wasn't possible because of how far spread across the country they all are, but  a Vision has come to me. Many online radio shows and etc. use skype in order to stream in guests from around the globe. Leo Leporte "the Tech Guy" uses it pretty consistently to bring in people as far away as Germany to the West Coast. What do you guys think about them having frequented guests on the show Via Skype? Could be their long lost friends, or members of the Industry like J allard?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

I wouldnt mind, but not for the whole podcast

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Riddler

We need a Video Show, like on the spot or the 1up show.............MAKE IT HAPPEN JEFF

Name it, "BOMB the Spot"
Barrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Barrier

The way they could use the Tech would be up to them and their discretion obviously, but I just think having Alex on a RockCast with them, and having designers on to talk about thier game a la the former "On the Spot" but only with voice could be kick ass.

Barrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Barrier

I agree Riddler, a Video show would rock, I just don't think they're up to it yet. I mean this site JUST WENT UP....

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Endogene

the thing that i am "worried" about is that it would change the style/vibe of the bombcast

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

Skype is a great way to get people together to do a podcast.

Though I think the bombcast would change a lot if if brought in guests all the time. I think, as said before, a separate video show would be a lot better for guests.

Barrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Barrier

"worried"?? lol. well you do make a point. but then maybe only have guests on during special RockCasts or SporeCasts.   How awesome would it have been to have Will Wright on with them to talk for a bit about his creation?   and although it may change the tone and vibe of the show, don't you think eventually as this thing grows massive that this would be a natural progression for them? Keep things mostly the same, but change it up a bit to keep the show feeling fresh.

Barrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrier
What other ideas along this line do you guys have for the Bomcast? to innovate and grow.   I love the show just as much as everyone else, I'm just thinking that it may eventually grow stale like a lot of shows do..... Innovation is how you keep the guys interested in doing it, and keep the listeners interested as well....
MidnightVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MidnightVice

Well, considering the first episode of the original incarnation of the Bombcast was done over Skype, I could definitely see it as a possibility. I don't know if I'd want the special guest  present throughout the entire show but it would definitely change things up a bit. Either way, I'd also be fine with everything staying how it is now,.

Barrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Barrier

so you don't think that it may become stale at some point? I mean look at the point jeff made today in the blog. We ALL got tired of WWII games. and now with COD4 we could just as easily get tired of Modern War games if they push them like the did with the prior. the point I'm making is that All things become stale at some point and need innovation to keep it interesting and fresh. I just thought this would be a natural progression. any other ideas of where this could go?

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#12  Edited By MikeydCT
Barrier said:
"I agree Riddler, a Video show would rock, I just don't think they're up to it yet. I mean this site JUST WENT UP...."
They did a live show when GTA 4 came out and they could do that again. by the way I fell in love with the justin.tv site they used.