Letters: Importing Amiibos (and other stuff!) from Japan

Avatar image for deactivated-64b7ee273746a
deactivated-64b7ee273746a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

After hearing the half-answer on this letter, I needed to post something to hopefully help out the person who wrote in the letter this week about importing Amiibo from Japan. The gang had only a little useful information on the topic.

1. First you'll need a forwarding service. Head on over to https://www.tenso.com/ (click 'English' in the top right) and setup an account.

2. Next if you're ordering from Amazon.co.jp, head over there, and login with your usual Amazon credentials. Your login works on international Amazons.

3. Tenso provides an address for you to have sellers send stuff to. Setup that address in your Amazon.co.jp account.

4. Order a bunch of stuff that Amazon.co.jp won't ship to the US. Then it'll arrive at Tenso, where they can either combine the shipments into one forwarded shipment, or they can forward each shipment separately.

Personally, I've only done steps 1-3 here. Haven't seen an Amiibo that I need to import quite yet. Also, note that Tenso will charge for the forwarding and the additional cost of shipping, so obviously there will be additional costs there over the price of the Amiibo from Amazon.co.jp.

The alternative is to order from importers like Play-Asia.com or NCSX, like they mentioned on the Bombcast. But setting up Tenso will free you to import stuff they don't have in stock.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I would have never predicted that amiibos would be the thing that revives the Japanese import culture.

Anyway, thank you for the info. I didn't send the email, but it's useful to know this stuff just in case.