My 2000 Flushes Experiment

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So on this week's Bombcast Jeff mentions wanting to put up a board to track how many flushes you can get to one 2000 Flushes blue tablet. Back in 2001, my roommate and I did this very thing! Although we just put a pad of post-its and a pen on the toilet tank, and then told all our visitors to be sure to tally any flushes they made.

It was, of course, a horrible way to track it, as the post-its got soggy and old and stained and gross. But we kept at it for what felt like a couple months. When we finally called the experiment (when the water was no longer noticeably blue), we gathered up all the post-it notes and counted up the final total -- 1,300 flushes!

We debated mailing in the post-its to the company and asking for a refund, but let's face it, we were two slackers who'd spent the summer tallying toilet flushes--writing a letter was more than we could manage.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So on this week's Bombcast Jeff mentions wanting to put up a board to track how many flushes you can get to one 2000 Flushes blue tablet. Back in 2001, my roommate and I did this very thing! Although we just put a pad of post-its and a pen on the toilet tank, and then told all our visitors to be sure to tally any flushes they made.

It was, of course, a horrible way to track it, as the post-its got soggy and old and stained and gross. But we kept at it for what felt like a couple months. When we finally called the experiment (when the water was no longer noticeably blue), we gathered up all the post-it notes and counted up the final total -- 1,300 flushes!

We debated mailing in the post-its to the company and asking for a refund, but let's face it, we were two slackers who'd spent the summer tallying toilet flushes--writing a letter was more than we could manage.

Sue for false advertisement.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2000 Flushes Sue?

Dammit--there's a joke in there somewhere but it's not working.

Also trying to workshop "2000 Flushes Poo"...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_laughing_man said:

2000 Flushes Sue?

Dammit--there's a joke in there somewhere but it's not working.

Also trying to workshop "2000 Flushes Poo"...

Im sorry sue for "Flush" advertisement.

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Please send this into the bombcast, or at least Jeff's Tumblr.