My Grandfather's Advice

Juiceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Instead of thinking about what you want to say next, stop and listen to what the other person is saying. Looking at you, Brad. I can't handle Brad never letting anyone finish a a thought before interrupting. I'll hang up and listen.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, I bet Brad will lose sleep over this.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mellotronrules

you're being the guy who walks into a bar, immediately tells the bartender how to do his or her job, and then wonders why everyone is glaring at you.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel free to hang up and stop listening.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Is there some controversy I’m missing out on? I think Brad is a pretty damned good host. He’s not an entertainer like Ryan or a loose canon like Jeff, but he plays a good straight man and keeps the show moving.

Sometimes he pulls the plug on gags too early for my tastes, but I think he does a great job with his role.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By htr10

Ok, I’m new to memes, is this where we all say “ok boomer”?

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Don't worry. I hear Brad's leaving.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nutter

@htr10: I saw an article claiming “okay, boomer” to be Gen Z’s greatest accomplishment.

I think the meme is some bullshit that speaks poorly of those who say it without irony. I also agree with it being their greatest accomplishment. ;)

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: I'm like deeply profoundly tired of seeing it but at the same time every other day somebody does something that revitalizes it and makes it feel necessary.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I must be lucky. I think this thread is only my second run-in with it.

The first was last night. I saw some politician from New Zealand do it. I scratched my head, thought it made her look thoughtless and dismissive. I then closed the article.

With any luck, it’ll just be these two encounters and I can go on blissfully unaware of Twitter.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ltcolumbo

Everyone knows the best parts of any audio recording are the awkward silences.

Edit: “ Lol fuck your grandfather” .

Shit. That was the correct response.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@nutter said:

@efesell: I must be lucky. I think this thread is only my second run-in with it.

The first was last night. I saw some politician from New Zealand do it. I scratched my head, thought it made her look thoughtless and dismissive. I then closed the article.

With any luck, it’ll just be these two encounters and I can go on blissfully unaware of Twitter.

Chloe Swarbrick rules, it was a great use to shutdown a heckling colleague.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nutter

@yothatlimp: To each their own. I couldn’t hear a heckle (the article said there was one, it just didn’t seem to light the mic up), but my introduction to her lead to me closing the window and shaking my head.

The good news is, I’ll probably forget about this in a week, as I do with most Internet bullshit, so no harm done!

I don’t know her politics and in no way deride your support for her. I just think “ok, [insert categorization here]!” is a shitty thing to say.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...