The Boys Are Pulling It Together For Us. Podcast Incoming.

• 67 results
reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By reisz
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

As I said to Patrick on Twitter, hats off to them. I hope this isn't corporate pressure on them to not miss a Tuesday.

checkyoufeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't feel they need to do this for my sake. For our sake.
But if this is something they want/need to do for themselves, I will listen.

fuzzy510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fuzzy510

@godlyawesomeguy: I don't think corporate really gives two shits about them doing a podcast. Heck, since they can't really monetize the podcast, corporate might prefer it go away.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By figurehead00

@adnrewn: I agree, but I like to think they want/need to do it for themselves and for Ryan. He was proud of the fact they never miss a week.

Guys, this is going to be a tough one...

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the podcast is gonna be hard to listen to but I wouldn't miss it for anything.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God damn it, this probably means tears incoming.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am dreading how raw this is going to be.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzy510 said:

@godlyawesomeguy: I don't think corporate really gives two shits about them doing a podcast. Heck, since they can't really monetize the podcast, corporate might prefer it go away.

Yeah, this. I'm sure they would be glad to give them other stuff to do lol, like premium content.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As I said to Patrick on Twitter, hats off to them. I hope this isn't corporate pressure on them to not miss a Tuesday.

I think there was a single force in Giant Bomb who was committed to never missing a Bombcast, and I think that force was Ryan Davis. It was the one thing I ever heard him brag about his work, or his work production, was that you could never say that he missed a podcast day, for over 5 years. It was something that he seemed to care about a lot, so I appreciate the crew living up to his example.

I still remember the time when they did an entire podcast, and then it didn't save correctly... so they did another 2-3 hour podcast that night. Opened beers and rehashed everything, and it was still great.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@samdrugbringer: Yeah man. . . . . I hope it helps the crew get some much needed catharsis, this is going to be a hard one, might run down the shops and grab something to drink.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ThePickle

I'll probably cry.

Fuck it, I will definitely cry. I'm getting teary just thinking about his intros.

joker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By joker2k3

I usually listen to the podcast at work, while driving a lawn mower. (Groundskeeper for a school) But I don't know if I wanna be driving around bawling like a baby at work. lol

Also just thinking about possibly hearing the guys cry is already breaking my heart...

Thanks Bomb Crew.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome, and it's exactly what I think Ryan would have wanted. For whatever reason, I think hearing the guys talk about everything will help me feel better.

I don't even know if I'll be able to listen to this on my way to work like I usually do. Probably should wait until I am at home.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Did not expect it this week. I mean they have never missed a tuesday but this is a tuesday they could have missed. I would have been fine if they took July off from content creation quite frankly.

But if this helps them and us get closer to some closure its a good thing.

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a threat, baby.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Badass. Ryan would be proud.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's understandable why they are going ahead with recording this week. As others have said, it is what Ryan would have wanted.

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FearMyFlop
NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I am very happy that they are able to do you today. It has been rough this past day.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fear is a choice.

Fear is the mind killer. Fuck I miss Ryan.

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse: That is one of the funniest goddamn podcasts ever too. I keep that one on my iPhone to cheer myself up during bad days, but god does it take on a whole different meaning now.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I really wasn't expecting this at all. It'll be painful, but I think we could all use this.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Time to get the tissues, this is going to be a rough one. Hats off to them for doing this. I bet this is what Ryan would of wanted. He was always so proud that they never missed a Tuesday no matter what was going on.

6n00bkilla9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pollysmps which podcast was that i can barly remember it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

pantinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For once I'm not looking forward to the podcast

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@fuzzy510 said:

The Giant Bombcast: sponsored by Portillo's. See? Watch the money flow!

But seriously for a second, I'm glad to see the podcast as scheduled. I don't even care how long it is or if they even stick to the usual format. I'm just happy to see them not miss a Tuesday.

BigDre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they're still going ahead with the podcasts but I think I'll have to wait a few days before I can listen to it. I've just been overall sad for a while and looking at different tributes to Ryan off and on for a day now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

Brad's last tweet just made me tear up a little, must of been a tough one guys.

https://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/354788185475264512/photo/1

Hah, 'we may have had our differences'... remember that period when everyone was convinced Ryan hated Brad? Good times. Maybe the best times.

Haha, and they actually dealt with it on the bombcast, talkin about how the vacationed together so of course they're friends.

Remember the other week when people were talking about how Ryan was being mean to Rorie? Some things don't change.

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@6n00bkilla9: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-12-09-2008/1600-55/# - It's a reeeeally old one. Hope you enjoy.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By Nodima

@6n00bkilla9 said:

@pollysmps which podcast was that i can barly remember it

I feel like i just heard it recently, so it was probably sometime in September - November 2010.

Or, assuming polly knows what he's on about...there's some other more recent podcast where they keep referring to having to recap things they already talked about. Or maybe that was a TNT from around the same time I'm talking about (I've been doing this weird thing where I trace GB's content from origin to present since last summer when I discovered the site).

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

sometimes an O.K. way of dealing is to just plow on ahead and deal with the emotions as they come. I don't know, it's worked for me in the past.

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By revolve

Honestly, I hope this podcast doesn't even come close to anything about games, but is a celebration of the life and times of Ryan. Or the board game "Fireball Island", because man, that game is FUN

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ReddenBlack

@revolve: that game was insane and incomprehensible when I was 6. I need to go back and try it again

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am glad they are doing it, as many have been saying Ryan was very proud of the never miss a week thing, it is good to keep it going. I usually listen with a few friends, don't think that will be happening with this one.

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By revolve

@reddenblack: It's a great lesson on growing up in these troubled times. Either that or a game about a dude gettin attacked by fireballs.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Roger_Klotz

This is going to be hard to listen to. Usually I listen to the bombcast when running or doing some other mindless errand. This one is just going to be me sitting in my room alone and listening.

Lazy0718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@godlyawesomeguy said:

I think there was a single force in Giant Bomb who was committed to never missing a Bombcast, and I think that force was Ryan Davis. It was the one thing I ever heard him brag about his work, or his work production, was that you could never say that he missed a podcast day, for over 5 years. It was something that he seemed to care about a lot, so I appreciate the crew living up to his example.

I still remember the time when they did an entire podcast, and then it didn't save correctly... so they did another 2-3 hour podcast that night. Opened beers and rehashed everything, and it was still great.

Agreed. He seemed really proud of never missing a week. I'm happy the guys are continuing the tradition.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And my partner and I parted ways today. I'm going to need a hug after this guys.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@tourgen said:

sometimes an O.K. way of dealing is to just plow on ahead and deal with the emotions as they come. I don't know, it's worked for me in the past.

Yeah, both my grandparents passed away during the fall semester last year, and just focusing on schoolwork more than ever kinda helped. Maybe its not the healthiest way to deal with it but it works sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be a difficult listen, but I think it'll be good for everybody that they went on and did it. Ryan wouldn't want anyone skipping this over some feels. We're all shocked and upset, but the best way to say goodbye to a great man is by celebrating his life. Be happy to have known him (whether personally, or from thousands of hours of content). I'll be getting some beer and sitting back listening to this with zero. I didn't expect anything to go up this week. I'm proud of the crew for coming together to do record. I know it couldn't have been easy.

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerse: I think it's different for everybody. I got to a point in trying to do that with my parents' deaths that I basically ended up never facing it and keeping everything bottled. Last November I had a light stroke from the built up stress and nerves and it was positively scary. I think it's best for everyone to try and feel it out and see what works for them. Just some alternate advice.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they should upgrade the name of the bombcast to "The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bombcast"?

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By shaunk

Hopefully they continue to stay strong. Take all the time they need to grieve, but when they come back they better continue to keep this site badass and keep it growing to further turn this into the best goddamn game website of all time.

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masturbatingestbear: haha, they have no choice. You wanna be the one to disappoint Ryan God Damn Davis and have to meet him pissed off in the afterlife?