The community needed last nights podcast. Thank you

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

I suggest if you haven't listened to it yet that you should, it's definitely sad but also one of the funniest podcasts ever. I think it gave a beautiful sense of closure to everything, it helped me accept what has happened and made me feel better knowing he had some amazing friends and he lived life to the fullest and probably wouldn't change a single aspect of it. I enjoyed all the stories everyone told and basically summed up that Ryan on the bombcast and on video is who he really was, not just a personality we saw and heard. It gave me hope for the future too, Ryan's gap will never be replaced but we still have a god damn amazing crew here and I truly look forward to seeing what is next and hope to support Giant Bomb anyway I can.

So ya guys, go listen to it. You will laugh and most likely shed some tears but if they could record that for us, we owe it to them to listen.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Amen, brother.

falpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By falpatrick

I'm just so grateful that they did this podcast. It must have been so hard.

So much love for the GB crew.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've listened to the first 3/4 of it and it, more than anything else this week, has actually made me feel good. I've been told the ending gets heavy and I came real close to tearing up when they mentioned something in works for Anna, but so far it's 8 dudes remembering their friend with the kind of stories you tell AFTER everyone else has left the wake. I can't imagine how hard it was to record, but it's perfect.

iDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is the way he would have wanted to be remembered with laughter at how awesome he was not tears. I honestly hope the crew takes there time to heal and comes back stronger. but man, am gonna miss that big bear of a man.

falpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917: I didn't cry until the end where I heard Vinny breaking down and Jeff saying "Thanks."

It's so tough to articulate to these guys how much you actually care for them.

SuperTess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SuperTess

Agreed. Thanks so much guys, it was wonderful to listen to. And yeah, I was fine until the end.

ronneyfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, I was OK until I heard Viny break a little. Had to sit in my car and compose before heading into work.

Thank you guys for making us part of the grieving process. We miss him. And appreciate what you do.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917:

I didn't cry until the end where I heard Vinny breaking down and Jeff saying "Thanks."

It's so tough to articulate to these guys how much you actually care for them.

Agreed. Very heartfelt.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole situation has been really weird for me, like many others on here I felt like I lost a great friend with Ryan but he's someone who I never met in person. Bust listening to last nights podcast made me feel better knowing that some of the people who truly lost a friend are able to move on. I continue to with the best for Ryan's Friends, family, and fellow duders!

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, just finished it up. There have been a lot of good things happening that help with grieving. The pictures, the little stories coming from fans and friends, the Harmonix thing and now the podcast.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By groverat

I am a father myself, so Vinny talking about how Ryan will, through Vinny, influence Max is what got me. Right in the heart.

And Jeff saying "thanks" was definitely a gut-punch. I was really pulling for those two crazy kids in the How to Build a Bomb days.

Avatar image for wickedslapshot3
Wickedslapshot3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know it till afterwards but I needed this. Just hearing the guys celebrating his life brought a smile to my face and stopped the tears. We can all take something from the way Ryan lived and use it to make us all better human beings.

Archr5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wickedslapshot3 said:

I didn't know it till afterwards but I needed this. Just hearing the guys celebrating his life brought a smile to my face and stopped the tears. We can all take something from the way Ryan lived and use it to make us all better human beings.

I couldn't agree more.

I've been in a much better mood since i listened. It got maudlin at the end there, but goddamnit it's supposed to be, it made me feel normal again knowing that as upset as I've been about this, his dearest friends and family have it so much tougher and are really pulling together to get through. It put my mood in serious perspective and allowed me to realize I should really be focused on how positive an impact Ryan had on my life and be a better person for it. For me it was a 2 hour therapy session.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Totally ordering a pair of New Balance that say "Baller Time" later.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Totally ordering a pair of New Balance that say "Baller Time" later.

Fuck. Now you got that idea in my head.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

This, alongside watching YouTube videos on Monday and the Harmonix livestream, really helped pick up my mood. This was such a perfect episode of the podcast and despite the circumstances, it may be the greatest they have ever produced. They had me chuckling through this horrible situation after the first minute as we were treated to two hours of great Ryan and old Gamespot anecdotes. Those last few minutes had me tearing up, but goddamn did this feel like an incredible and apt tribute to Ryan Davis.