What will GOTY 2014 be like with a split crew?

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey

Jeff mentioned this in passing a while back on the Bombcast. Do we know yet how they'll handle it?

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but IMO anything else than Vinny, Jeff, Brad, Dan and Patrick all in the same room will be a disappointment.

Leaving Drew out might be a little weird now that he's a regular though.

Alex should definitely phone in and have a signature rant in certain categories as always, but IMO doesn't need to be there the entire time.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Everyone is flying to SF.

I don't think Drew should be on the GOTY podcast since he doesn't play that much other than racing games and Halo.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I know everyone's flying out, but to me the perfect GOTY podcast would be Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Dan (and maybe Rorie). That's just a small, passionate group of guys that can have good arguments.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@drebin_893: I think Alex also deserves a spot. But yeah, it sounds like it'll be pretty much everybody, except maybe not Rorie since he isn't really involved in editorial and is barely in Quick Looks?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5 csl316  Online

To be honest, Vinny's been sidetracked by life this year. Not sure how deeply he's been able to invest in games in his spare time this year.

Jeff, Brad, Dan, and Alex would probably have the most to say during discussions this time around. Jason, too, if he's in them.

Glad everyone will be here, though. Hopefully with 3 video guys we'll get something awesome on that front.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By frymillstrum

I don't know why people are so take it or leave it in terms of Alex sitting in on GOTY stuff. I think they're just stuck in the mindset of the first few GOTY's where it was Jeff, Ryan, Vinny and Brad (and later Patrick). Alex has been the sites main review this year, his opinion is probably the most valid.

Also, a thread like this already exists, not sure what it was called though.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Happy to hear the #squad are flying out

I'm hyped for GOTY just by virtue of Dan being on

Hope we get some really bad feelings and people holding sternly to fucking ridiculous opinions, that's always the most fun

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By cosi83

Jason is the buoy. Jeff, Vinnie, Brad, Jason, Alex and Dan

ideal bombcast lineup