Who else has stopped listening?

Behonkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I fell in love with the Bombcast and subscribed and listened to every episode starting back in its inception in 2007, but as of two months ago, the show's become so insufferable that I had to stop listening completely. It seems really obvious to me that the guys just don't enjoy games any more, which makes for a depressing and unenjoyable listen. Even the little things that annoyed me a bit, like Jeff's constant "Ugh"s and mouth fart noises, seem to pop up more and more.

When I posted stuff about this before, the main response I got was that they were just bored with the current generation of games, and that the new generation of consoles would be what they need. Guess what? If the comments for each podcast (Which I still read) are any indication, they're already taking a big shit on consoles that aren't out yet. I can deal with guys who are jaded to a point, but by now, I'm convinced these guys should maybe consider getting jobs outside of games if they can't find anything to enjoy about them any more.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

How about you leave their life decisions to them? If you don't want to listen, then don't listen. I don't really understand why you felt you needed to tell us any of this.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe overreacting/projecting a tiny bit are we? I honestly aven't noticed any bad trends from the bombcast lately and I personally think it's as good as ever.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Barrock

N...No?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Wait, didn't we just have this thread?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

What?

You don't like the Bombcast ergo the entire staff hates video games?

I must have hallucinated all that BioShock Infinite content.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not me! Eff that! Best podcast there is.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jams

I'm sorry you feel that way man. Good luck, hope you find another site that'll hold your interests.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#9  Edited By tearhead

Since when has the Bombcast been about games?

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By C2C

Dunno what your talking about here. They seem to enjoy plenty of current games and seem to be pretty excited for the new generation. It almost makes me want ask for actual quotes to show their jaded.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one is forcing you to listen to it.... if you dont like it anymore then dont listen to it.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so, did you expect this to go better than it did? maybe next time you'll sway us...

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14 gamer_152  Moderator

Sorry to hear that. I don't think the podcast feels as fresh and new as when it started four years and a half years ago, but I think it's over-the-top to suggest that these guys don't like video games. I don't want to do the standard knee-jerk biased thing and wave off any possible criticism of the staff, but seriously, you don't put this many hours of hard work and dedication into something you don't have a passion for, and I think their enthusiasm for games shows through in their work. I do think we still have a bit of an issue with this generation winding down, but I wouldn't say they're just taking a shit over the next lot of consoles, did you see how those guys went against the crowd and praised the PS3 event? And just look at the enthusiasm for recent games like Bioshock Infinite or Patrick's curiosity with indie developers. The guys are laid-back, maybe a bit tired of current gen, but I don't think they're jaded.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

The guys have always been a little jaded about games. It's nothing new.

If you listened to the Gamespot years you could hear Jeff being pretty critical of Gears of War before it hit. Or more recently Vinny being negative about any motion controlled games, or anything related to Flower.

Patrick is probably the most optimistic and open minded of the bunch and I'd say that age and time spent in the industry have to do with it.

If you want non stop enthusiasm then maybe check out IGN? Not a dig against those guys but they tend to be more upbeat about games.

Maybe the problem isn't with them, maybe you just have different tastes now and are looking for something different. Because far as I can tell the Giant Bomb guys haven changed much since they started in terms of their approach to games.

If anything they've become a little more open minded especially when it comes to something like mobile games.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

You talk like they've just now become jaded and bitter.

Are you sure you aren't new?

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

They are down on games now because the cycle has been going on for so long. Jeff has said he saw some game that he really liked (that he can't talk about yet) a few weeks ago. There is hope.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@doomed said:

They are down on games now because the cycle has been going on for so long. Jeff has said he saw some game that he really liked (that he can't talk about yet) a few weeks ago. There is hope.

It was Transistor.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Without bombcast there is no point to life man.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By MariachiMacabre

You want jaded and ultra-critical? Try the Besties. I love those guys but CHRIST, do they shit on games constantly. Even games they supposedly love like Bioshock Infinite.

EDIT: Man, that was my 5000th post? I wish it was something more cheerful.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

The Bombcast is the one thing that has arguably never really dipped in quality.

They made be jaded, they may be burnt out on games, but dang it if they still aren't entertaining as a group.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still listen and have been loving it. I don't care that you don't listen and I don't expect you to care that I do listen. It's really a bit weird that you even made a topic about it really.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hockeymask27

fuck no.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hunkulese

@behonkiss said:

I fell in love with the Bombcast and subscribed and listened to every episode starting back in its inception in 2007, but as of two months ago, the show's become so insufferable that I had to stop listening completely. It seems really obvious to me that the guys just don't enjoy games any more, which makes for a depressing and unenjoyable listen. Even the little things that annoyed me a bit, like Jeff's constant "Ugh"s and mouth fart noises, seem to pop up more and more.

When I posted stuff about this before, the main response I got was that they were just bored with the current generation of games, and that the new generation of consoles would be what they need. Guess what? If the comments for each podcast (Which I still read) are any indication, they're already taking a big shit on consoles that aren't out yet. I can deal with guys who are jaded to a point, but by now, I'm convinced these guys should maybe consider getting jobs outside of games if they can't find anything to enjoy about them any more.

Maybe you should look at what's been released this year. There have been a handful of games that they have praised and talked about but there really isn't anything else worth talking about. How many weeks has the release schedule been nothing but ugh? There aren't a lot of games to be excited about right now. Since the start of the year they've had generally positive discussions about DMC, Antichamber, Revengence, Tomb Raider, HotS, Luigi's Mansion, Bioshock and Guacamelee not to mention the niche games that Patrick talks at length about.

If anything their approach to the new consoles is cautiously optimistic and they haven't really said anything negative about them. The only concern they have is that they don't want to be playing shiny versions of what they're playing now and I'm pretty sure most people feel the same way. I don't know if you're new to the internet but it's time you found out that the comments for anything are the worst possible source of information. Why are you even reading them? Bombcast comments aren't even meant to be read.

If you don't like the Bombcast anymore that's fine but just move on. No one else cares what you think especially not when you're telling the hosts to find a new career choice because they're not gushing all over Gears of War Judgement.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tearhead said:

Since when has the Bombcast been about games?

LOL

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Subjugation

I'm jaded about games too thanks to the length of this generation, and I'm not even a console gamer. Console generations do impact PC games though, so I'm still feeling it. I think people will be revitalized when the new hardware launches and companies start to do new and exciting things.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Said no one ever

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Milkman

The community is a thousand times more "jaded" than any of the Giant Bomb guys.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still one of the highlights of my week.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigjeffrey

That's the only thing keeping my alive.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By topsteer

I pretty much have stopped but not for the reasons you listed.Their general cynicism and jadedness doesn't bother me that much cause they've always seemed that way to me and I've gotten used to it by now. I've been behind for awhile now and can't really explain why I have little desire to catch up.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the Bombcast...I just hate I have to keep hitting the skip 15 seconds forward button for about 10 minute to get to actual video game conversation (about an hour again). Annoying when I forget to do it before I start driving.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#34  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I feel like we get some variation of this thread every other week or so. The bombcast is still fine. They've lost some of their fire from the early days, but that's to be expected after 5 years of doing it. Still better than most of the podcasts ostensibly about Video games out there.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By JasonR86

@behonkiss:

No one is forcing you or expects you to listen to the show. You don't even have to come to the site. The decision to take in content is entirely your's. So if you don't like what the site is offering then stop consuming the content. That's totally valid. Making a thread announcing to everyone else on the site that you aren't consuming that content and why you aren't consuming it is silly though. It makes you sound like an attention whore for no good reason. Just stop coming to the site and move on with your life. You'll be happier apparently.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when has the Bombcast had structure or been about one topic? Look man, if you don't like the duder society, Gamespot is just down the hall. They like to do this thing called 'being professional', pfft, yeah man, I don't know what that is. While the Bombcast has definitely had its ups and downs, it's always been this weird mix of real life, tangents and sometimes games.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason I don't listen to the bombcast is because its too long. I got work to do and having people talking in the background is too distracting, I suppose I could listen to 15 min gaps in between work, but once I start something it's hard to turn it off.

Avatar image for sharpshotapollo
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't feel any of this and I still look forward to Tuesdays more than ever. I've stopped listening to a lot of gaming podcasts over the years. The only one I still listen to is the Bombcast. It has everything I want and need from a gaming podcast. If you don't like it, you really don't need to listen to it. I mean, nobody is forcing you, but I'm not sure why you felt the need to broadcast it to everyone.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

The Bombcast is consistently one of the best parts of my week. It's been that way since it started, and it hasn't changed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually really enjoyed the Bombcast lately. Just yesterday I was laughing at their last one. If you genuinely think they're not excited about games, you're just not paying enough attention.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I don't really like it anymore but it's not because of the "they're jaded" thing, it's just not funny.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By myke_tuna

Not me.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ben_H  Online

Who listens to the Bombcast for the stuff about games?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Every tuesday night, mother fucker.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, werent they talking about how excited they were for the PS4 because it marked the start of a new generation?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#48  Edited By Hailinel

Wait, werent they talking about how excited they were for the PS4 because it marked the start of a new generation?

You were obviously hearing things. We all were.

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm mad because I thought the bombcast was about actual bombs.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By joshthebear

Uh, no.