PS4 beta now closed, Xbox and PC available

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

[EDIT] The PS4 beta now closed. The beta is currently available on Xbox and PC with a pre-order, and may open up for everyone else in a day or two.

Original thread:

Just a quick heads up for those who wanted to check out the latest entry in the series.

For those who have been playing already, or those who just started, what are your thoughts? So far, I think it's a huge improvement on Advanced Warfare.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Had no idea they were gonna do open it up to general public/that they did already open it up to general public

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yes i finally get to try titanfall 2!!

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, neat. I might give that a try. It's been a while since I played a COD game, and this one looks fun. Thanks for the heads up.

TN04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's pretty good. Played a few hours of advanced warfare and it seemed it was more catered to submachine guns. It's slowed down but the game better for it. Will have to see once the game comes out since UAVs are extremely powerful because no one has ghost (unlocks at 38) but so far its great.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Are the download speeds for this ridiculously low for anyone else? Going at the rate it's going for me now it will be done only after the damn beta ends.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

Are the download speeds for this ridiculously low for anyone else? Going at the rate it's going for me now it will be done only after the damn beta ends.

People were talking about this on the first day of the beta. Apparently, if you pause and resume the download, it can help a lot. You should probably try it a few times, until you get a more realistic download speed.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I played it for a bit. It moves so slow. Titanfall's flow and speed seems to have ruined all the other wall runny, double jumpy FPS's for me. The transition from jump to wallrun feels so weighty and stilted. The maps arent all that great either, and none of them seem like you could make good use of that stuff due to their focus on small enclosed areas. At least the shooting is still great.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna preface: I don't like Call of Duty. At all!

This game isn't very good. I actually enjoyed Advanced Warfare's sense of speed and movement and the whole aesthetic of the world quite a lot and I thought it was really fun how you could customize your character and get chests to unlock new gear to equip and look neat.

This just feels like a serious step backwards in almost every department. There's no customization in this one whatsoever, they added the ability to slide, boost jump and wall run but the maps aren't really designed to utilize any of these abilities other than "use this to get to a different part of the map, or boost jump to get to ledges instead of taking the stairs" and sliding or wall running is really a waste of your time because you can't ADS while sliding, and you're constantly moving while wall running so maintaining accuracy while shooting and doing that is REALLY hard. It doesn't feel good to use. Also you slow down and have to pick your momentum back up after doing any of the new movement abilities so ????

Also not a huge fan of how many one hit kills they've decided to add to the game, but I've never been fond of CoD's incredibly short time to kill so I'm not a good person to comment on that, I think..

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose:

I'm pretty sure cosmetic character customization will be announced later. There were several sections for character development that were locked in the beta.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thing I don't really like at all is the way the game puts you down when you lose. That's really crummy!

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: not being able to utilize the jetpacks and wall runs is my main complaint so far. What baffles me is that the game have invisible walls so you can't jump on top of high terrains.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played some of it and it's not bad, better than the last COD i played (MW2). But i still suck horribly at it, and the game talking shit at me about it is kinda lame lol

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

So far from what I have played of this it feels like a real step back from Advances Warfare. The beta maps feel tiny and generic and the spawns are incredibly bad. Also losing a lot of the mobility stuff seems like a bummer.