Symphony of the Night on VITA

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

During the latest VinnyVania, Vinny said Symphony would eventually be the next game in the series. Based on what I've heard, it's one of the best in the series and thought this would be nice to play through and then watch it on VinnyVania. Would be my first Castlevania game. Anyway, VITA is currently the only platform where I can get the game easily, but my problem is that I've heard wolf-form (?) is mapped to the back touch thingy. Is this going to be a big problem and if you have played it on VITA, then how did the game work? Is this port any good?

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mysterious0Bob

1) If you're living in Europe, don't buy the PS1 version for the Vita. Its a lazy emulation of the slow PAL conversation from back in the day.

2) If thats fine, you can map the controls to whatever you want, as is the case for all PS1 games on Vita.

3) Purchasing the Dracula X Chronicles is also an option. You get to play as Maria (who is completely different from the Saturn version) and you get Rondo of Blood, which is also amazing. The only downside is the redone voicework which is just as bad as the original but less memorable.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoOzak

I've heard you can unlock it in Castlevania: The Dracula X chronicles (which is on sale atm) which also contains rondo of blood and a remastered version of the original game. I dont know whether the port is good but i'd imagine the buttons are at least better suited to the vita than the PS1 version.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I never used wolf form that much in that game. Maybe for one long room in the castle but that's about it. I find nothing wrong with the Vita version myself. Its on special atm in EU/Rest of world region so yeah pick it up. Its worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't used the wolf form unless i trip it off accidentally. I'm playing it for the first time and I haven't found a place I really needed it. I feel like you can get by without it (other forms have very important uses).

As for the PSP version, I tried to play that, but the redone visuals killed it for me (yea, I'll admit I'm being a bit of a snob here). The original PC Engine version of Rondo of Blood was so good I had to get that on Wii VC. The PS1 version of SOTN is great and I will stand by that all day long (but I am using my PS3).