Role Playing

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude

I haven't been on Giant Bomb as much as usual as of late, but I have a good excuse. I've been rehearsing for a play. The play you say...? Dracula. I'm playing the role of Abraham Van Helsing. Last night was opening night and it was a horror story with some major technical problems with the lights, but tonight, with the help of a new light board, it went on without a hitch or glitch.

This is a different kind of community show for me. This is my 18th local production, but this one is being performed outdoors in an amphitheater. The play itself  " Dracula" was written by Steven Dietz in 1996 and follows pretty closely to the novel. The amphitheater is used for an outdoor drama in Valdese, North Carolina called "From this Day Forward". The story of how the Waldensian people came from Northern Italy under religious persecution to settle in Western North Carolina. 

I thought I would throw up some pictures. With such a large outdoor stage and hardly any budget, we used a somewhat minimal set, but the actors make it work like a charm.  

Abraham Van Helsing
 Abraham Van Helsing

Dr. Seward, Van Helsing, Mr. Harker and Miss Mina

Mina getting her blood sucked by Dracula.

Video Games

As for video games, I'm still playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters on the Xbox 360. It helps me relax after a hard day of rehearsing and performing. One if not the best golf game I've ever played. I also bought Bastion. It's a pretty cool game. I finished one play through and I'm thinking of trying out the story plus mode. The combat becomes interesting after a while of playing, but I did stick mostly with the Cael Hammer and the Scrap Musket. Looking forward to trying out different combinations.

That's about it. My play ends next weekend, so I should be back posting stupid shit before you know it. Take it easy and thanks for reading.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Claude

I haven't been on Giant Bomb as much as usual as of late, but I have a good excuse. I've been rehearsing for a play. The play you say...? Dracula. I'm playing the role of Abraham Van Helsing. Last night was opening night and it was a horror story with some major technical problems with the lights, but tonight, with the help of a new light board, it went on without a hitch or glitch.

This is a different kind of community show for me. This is my 18th local production, but this one is being performed outdoors in an amphitheater. The play itself  " Dracula" was written by Steven Dietz in 1996 and follows pretty closely to the novel. The amphitheater is used for an outdoor drama in Valdese, North Carolina called "From this Day Forward". The story of how the Waldensian people came from Northern Italy under religious persecution to settle in Western North Carolina. 

I thought I would throw up some pictures. With such a large outdoor stage and hardly any budget, we used a somewhat minimal set, but the actors make it work like a charm.  

Abraham Van Helsing
 Abraham Van Helsing

Video Games

As for video games, I'm still playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters on the Xbox 360. It helps me relax after a hard day of rehearsing and performing. One if not the best golf game I've ever played. I also bought Bastion. It's a pretty cool game. I finished one play through and I'm thinking of trying out the story plus mode. The combat becomes interesting after a while of playing, but I did stick mostly with the Cael Hammer and the Scrap Musket. Looking forward to trying out different combinations.

That's about it. My play ends next weekend, so I should be back posting stupid shit before you know it. Take it easy and thanks for reading.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

For some reason, I thought this would involve Temple of Elemental Evil. Now I'm just disappointed with Mento, since you've surpassed his standards of you.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Claude
@Video_Game_King said:

For some reason, I thought this would involve Temple of Elemental Evil. Now I'm just disappointed with Mento, since you've surpassed his standards of you.

Odd, I didn't get a pm from your comment. Oh well, haha, standards.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

Awesome. Finally, a picture of the action! Is that a wire going from the bed to Dracula'a mouth?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Claude
@FunExplosions: I wish I had some more action pictures. I made the thing Dracula is sucking on. I have to give blood transfusions as Van Helsing, so I created this contraption. It's basically a huge syringe that's painted silver and I pump this fake blood through it.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Looking snappy Claude. You make those Belmont kids look like amateurs.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Claude
@ArbitraryWater: But man, wouldn't it be cool to have a whip. I have garlic, holy bread, a cross and a stake.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

He's sucking her blood through a telephone?  
Glad you're having fun, looks like a cool play.

Also, your blogs fuck my mind. Are they attached to your profile? Or a dedicated page named Claude? MY MIND.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Contro

lol, that's great Claude, I never knew you were into amateur dramatics, I would have never have guessed...

The burgundy waistcoat looks good on you.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DrPockets000

Cheers, fellow Thespian! Looks like a wonderful production!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I see you're wearing and holding a cross there... as a gamer and member of a non-religious internet forum i must give you a hard time over the cross wearing thing, and tell you that believing in God is retarded. 
Seriously though, that's one bad ass outfit dude.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By biospank

when I saw role playin in ther tittle I thought that it has to be a good DnD game, but dramatics I would never even have thought of it. I wish you luck because it is somewhat stressfull.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By emem

@Claude: Nice, that style suits you man. You look like you are ready for...well, really any (vampire related) business, haha.

It's good that you play Tiger 12 on the 360, the PC version that I played is a real piece of crap. And Bastion is a fantastic game, have you beaten all the "challenges" yet? I really enjoyed rotating through all the weapons, it's totally worth it.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By turboman

Is Dracula sucking her blood through a silly straw?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@TurboMan said:

Real gentlemen use silly straws.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By EuanDewar

I already thought that first picture was pretty pimp but now that you've told me it was taken in the lady's dressing room? You suave bastard Claude.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Gerhabio

My favorite cimbo for bastion is the spear and the carbine

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By jorbear

@Hailinel said:

@TurboMan said:

Silly gentlemen use silly straws.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Claude
@jorbear said:

@Hailinel said:

@TurboMan said:

Silly gentlemen use silly straws.

That would be some clear tubing I found around my house. I pump fake blood through it during a blood transfusion. And then Dracula sneaks in while I'm gone and goes to town.

@emem
I'm planning on going back, those challenges were hard in Bastion. I did like how you got the weapons. The game lets you play with them for a while and then you have the opportunity to finish the level with your own combination.
joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshth

Claude, there are two things I love in this world. One is video games, and the other is theatre. you just earned 1000 points of my respect.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Claude
@joshth: That's awesome and thanks. My hometown theater is doing King Lear early next year. I would love to be a part of that. Shakespeare has some meat on its bones.
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By ahoodedfigure
@Claude: Those are some bitchin' mutton chops. Hope they're comfortable :)

I've never read the book. I hear it's actually a pretty good as a ye olde page turnin' novel. I guess the closest I got was seeing Coppola's, and the older Nosferatu. The latter was actually kind of disappointing, I guess since it got built up a lot, but some of the images from that movie have stuck with me.

I prefer vampires as bastards or messed up to the shiny ones, myself :)
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Claude
@ahoodedfigure: Those mutton chops are my beard shaved down the middle. I put moose and some other products in it to make it more prominent.  It's feathered back.

Actually, Coppola's film version is pretty close to this play. I even heard some of the same lines being read. The book is like reading small sections of people's journals and other pieces of literature. It's pretty good.
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#24  Edited By ahoodedfigure
@Claude: That's commitment! :) 

I think the most I ever put myself through for a play was actually putting on a business suit, and letting the makeup girls get close to me for once. That, and exposing my vulnerable teenaged soul to fellow students in Junior High. Glad I didn't learn how to have anxiety attacks back then. Still, gave me stories to tell.

I guess the book's in public domain; my problem's with reading off the screen. I sort of want one of those electronic reader dealies since the electronic ink seems to work pretty well, but I'm still a bit daunted by the technology (and the price). Guess there are plenty of other ways to read it, though. I hear the actual book is cheaper than 100 dollars :)

I remember liking the beginning of Coppola's Dracula, with the opening death stuff. Guess I gravitate toward the more gothic, creepy depictions; I remember Coppola's being very colorful for some reason. Been a while.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Jeust

Looks like it was an interesting show! :)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By crusader8463

Best of luck to ya man. I loved taking theatre in High School. It's magical to be in as well as watch if you get the right cast and script.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Damn Claude, you look kick-ass.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sungahymn

You said role-playing. And this is a video game website.

You understand my initial confusion, yes?

Oh. And good for you. Good luck.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By cornbredx

You kind of look like a younger Donald Sutherland in these. Looks awesome. 

Those poor Italians being bothered out by percussionists. Pesky percussionists, CURSES! (Just playing, you spelled persecution wrong haha =P)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Claude
@sungahymn said:

You said role-playing. And this is a video game website.

You understand my initial confusion, yes?

Oh. And good for you. Good luck.

Gottcha

@CornBREDX said:
You kind of look like a younger Donald Sutherland in these. Looks awesome.  Those poor Italians being bothered out by percussionists. Pesky percussionists, CURSES! (Just playing, you spelled persecution wrong haha =P)

Got me. I must fix that.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Tireyo

This made me smile. = - ) Should be an excellent play.