Has anyone tried this game out?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I just heard of it. My brother is a fan of JRPG's, and so I wanted to see what they had to offer on Steam; see if there was anything new he may have not heard of, and might like. I don't generally care for, or click on the 'user review' tab, but I did and the first one that came up was CrossCode. It looks kind of cool. It's a blend of top down shooter, 16-bit era JRPG-like story, and Zelda-like dungeon, puzzle, boss stuff. It's early access I see. I don't really know enough, nor interested enough yet to try it out, so I was wondering if anyone has tried it, and what you thought. Oh, and I'm not asking whether my brother would like it, or myself, I'm just curious what you felt about it.

Edit - Didn't notice it until now, but there's a demo of it. I'll try it out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried it, and it seems pretty cool! The mouse and keyboard work fine, but I think I'd probably play with a controller.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LeStephan

Looks really really neat from the trailer! Sounds like a genre mashup I'd dig a lot. I dont have a pc to game on but otherwise I'd be in.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I purchased this based on the discussion on the Bombcast this week. I made it through the tutorial and first boss fight. I am really liking it! I think the writing has been very good so far and the gameplay mechanics are different and fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9
deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just started playing this. It’s super polished and fun. It reminds me a bit of the project .hack games on the PS2, not just because of the MMO setting but also the way you contact your party members and some of the enemy designs. It succeeds in making you feel like you’re in an online space even though it’s completely singleplayer. Also really like the combat ranking system, it makes you take risks in order to get rarer item drops and such.