Not much game in this game.

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

In case you are curious about Venus Vacation, this game is basically a volleyball management sim. That being said, it's not much of one.

This isn't gonna be a review, just my impressions.

The "gameplay" is watching four girls play volleyball. There's a bit of strategy; you can give them limited instructions about who to attack and whatnot as well as picking a guest character from somebody else's lineup.

That's it.

It's a free-to-play-ass free-to-play game, but the game part is PRETTY WEAK.

Oh, also the gatcha game part is literally walking in on the girls in the shower. If you get better rolls you get to see more of them not wearing any clothes.

No, they don't "show it."

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sounds like you are playing in Owner Mode. In Girl Mode you actually control the girl.

I like it. It has simple gameplay similar to a 8 or 16 bit sports game like tennis or something but with nice graphics and you constantly unlock new outfits and level up. It is faaaaaar from perfect and could have been much better with a bit more effort. I don't understand why they took away accessories from Xtreme 2.

I have the game on both Vita and PS4 and have played maybe 100 hours. Is it repetitive? Yes! Mindless? Yes! But so is Diablo 3 and such games.

I just wish they put more stuff to costumize the girls and the hotel. Maybe even a condo you can build and buy furniture for or something like that but i doubt they will make an effort like that for this series.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OurSin_360

You should have led with that last sentence...

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas: Venus Vacation is the F2P gatcha-style game they're putting out on PC. Hopefully they'll add stuff from it to X3 :(

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

This? That's my shocked face. See how shocked I am? Completely, totally, 100% stunned.

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas:

Yeah, you're definitely talking about a different DoA Xtreme game.

So, update, I'm out of Festival Points (or FP, your currency for doing stuff in the game). The first problem is that from empty it takes about 850 minutes (It's counted in minutes in the game) to recharge. I have no idea how far it will recharge when it happens, but having to wait that long to do more stuff is terrible if you want people to stay engaged. The second problem is that I have gotten 2 of the FP recharge drinks through gameplay, but when I try to use one it errors me out to the title screen.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@durman667: Yeah I was thinking of the PS4/Vita Xtreme3 that came out last year. I've not played the Browser game. I don't feel like I need to after reading this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

They're like the visual novels of the DoA universe.

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas:

Somehow I got one of Kasumi's SSR suits, thereby unlocking her for my team.
Somehow I got one of Kasumi's SSR suits, thereby unlocking her for my team.

It's actually not a browser based game as was rumored. It's a standalone client. Getting it set up was a PAIN! I followed this guide which is now a bit out of date, but still tells you everything you need to know. The biggest issue I was facing was one of connection. I dunno if it was on my end or on theirs, but when I was trying to update the DMM game client it kept failing and having to start from scratch. After that finally worked the rest was less trouble since everything else was able to resume failed downloads instead of restarting them.

That said I'm glad it's not browser based, because if it was then I'm sure it wouldn't look as good as it does or with the framerate it's getting.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weird

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durman667: is there a way to run it in higher resolution and at higher framerates? 1080p is the max i can choose and it runs at 200 fps and is constantly in fast forward

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.... what did you expect?

This is just a joke thread right?

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rk92:I dunno, man. It seems like the actual options are only in the launcher and they're pretty limited. If you can alter it further I'd like to hear about it.

@onarum: I was expecting to be able to play the beach volleyball! That's what the Xtreme games have been up til' now. This doesn't even have that weird booty-bumpin' game!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers