How to beat Deathloop?

jpklis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If I continue just following visionary and arsenal leads will I end up beating the game? I enjoy playing the game but I am not really following the story or anything. Will I miss something or can I continue tracking the leads and then beat it?

ali_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By ali_d

Don't always focus on just killing visionaries. Use the lead tracker to finish the game, but you'll often have to go to areas during the day where visionaries aren't able to be killed. So it's okay to go to an area, pick up a clue or some info and just leave.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just follow the objective markers, you won't miss anything. Mostly because there isn't anything to miss. The game wants you to think it's this non-lineal puzzle-y thing when in reality it is extremely on rails.

Going off the beaten path will just waste your time.

jpklis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the answers! I’ll just keep pushing on.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know if my game bugged out or if I just managed to do something really silly but for one of the visionaries the lead didn't get me where I needed to be, so I wound up googling.

ralfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can craft an overpowered shotgun, etc.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By lapsariangiraff

@ralfy: Isn't that the same guy who plagiarized Hbomberguy's video on Bloodborne?

Loading Video...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just follow the objective markers, you won't miss anything. Mostly because there isn't anything to miss. The game wants you to think it's this non-lineal puzzle-y thing when in reality it is extremely on rails.

Going off the beaten path will just waste your time.

Deathloop's probably my favorite game this year (in part for lack of much competition in my favorite genres), but it's such a step back from Prey and Dishonored on that front and it's a bummer. Hoping Weird West scratches the open-ended imm-sim itch better.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@lapsariangiraff: Interesting, wasn't aware of this (but also haven't followed hbomberguy away from the forums, either). For what it's worth, it's nice to see that Luke's come a long way from those inauspicious beginnings. Like the other two big Youtube essayists, Noah Caldwell-Gervais and Joseph Anderson, Luke Stephens has a tendency to present his opinions in a smarmily objective fashion that can be off-putting (especially when it comes to narrative, where he often seems to have little time for simply getting swept in characters he loves in forgiveness of tropes he "predicts") but he does have much higher production value than either of them and comes the closest to the sort of self-aware moments of levity that make a repetitive three hour essay on a single game watchable at all.

Reminds me of beef I had with Anthony Fantano back in the day - he used to very deliberately steal from RateYourMusic users and actual professional reviews in order to pad out his analysis of artists (or artists in genres) that he wasn't very familiar with, but eventually he got big enough that theneedledrop was his full-time job and he moved on from that to become fully his own thing. It's not the coolest thing in the world but I appreciate when people can grow beyond it and clearly show the technical chops and ambition to make more out of the thing they're doing than others have.