Change from Character to Concept Request (Bioshock 2)

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By trulyalive

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for this request)

Just posting to say that there are now multiple Big Sisters confirmed in Bioshock 2, making them a concept.
I have no hard announcement but typing "multiple big sisters bioshock 2" came up with a bunch of sites reporting this, Destructoid being amongst them.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

That would be this interview, for those who do not wish to search for it.

DESTRUCTOID: Initially when the game was announced, it sounded like the Big Sister was the one just big bad guy that you'd be fighting throughout the entire game. It seems like that's changed, that there are multiple Big Sisters now.

JP Lebreton: It's true. And it's a combination, honestly, of some story developments that we can't talk about, but also the fact that the work that we invested in her, making her a memorable character, and a cool AI to fight with a lot of different abilities. Kind of like the Big Daddies of the first game, although, yeah, she's kind of a swiss army knife of different cool behaviors.

Part of the decision to make her a plural thing, a force in the world and part of the ecology of Rapture in the way that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are, was really just, yeah, A) letting the player experience that as much as we wanted them to, and B) giving them the satisfaction of defeating one, rather than having a story character that shows up -

Unfortunately, it doesn't to make it totally clear whether they are really separate Big Sisters or whether you fight this Big Sister multiple times. He does refer to Big Sister(s) as "her" and "she", but that might just be due to the fact that she used to be a unique character. I think it may still be too early to say for certain.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

So are they still sticking with the whole thing about that original Big Sister they announced being one of the girls that you saved in the last game deciding that she wanted to go back to Rapture and went insane or whatever? 

Also, the way that interview makes it sound, this is a concept and not a character.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By trulyalive

I've read elsewhere that the Big Sister turns other Little Sisters into creatures like her, but the interview that just went up here on Giant Bomb specifically says multiple Big Sisters. I'm guessing that the original Big Sister basically creates an army of Big Sisters for Dr. Lamb (the newly announced head honcho villain) but the original Big Sister will probably retain a level of significance.
I'm starting to think there should be both a Big Sister concept page and an Original Big Sister character page.