Delete: a whole bunch of Rayman games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By iamjohn
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

Rayman Gold and Rayman Forever have been brought up before, and I think we decided that those should be deleted as well (as they're just repackaging of the original Rayman with new levels).

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamjohn

I have Rayman Forever, and I can definitely tell you it's just a repackaging of Rayman 1 with an additional level pack and a pack of user-created levels.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By roushimsx
@StarFoxA said:
" Rayman Gold and Rayman Forever have been brought up before, and I think we decided that those should be deleted as well (as they're just repackaging of the original Rayman with new levels). "
Yes, you decided that after deciding that adding in something like 50% new content didn't justify having a new page.

On that note, let's merge all of the Street Fighter II pages and get rid of the clutter!
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
@roushimsx: The fact of the matter is that Rayman Forever and Rayman Gold are repackaged versions of the original Rayman. Yes, they add new levels, but the current policy on such repackagings is to have one single page for it. Besides, there would be little to base a page on from just new levels, and it would be better and more efficient to condense the information in the Rayman page and using the releases feature (this is one of the things it is meant for; repackaged versions of the game such as special editions, gold editions, etc).

Street Fighter II is different. They aren't repackaged versions of the game, but rather new games in itself. Despite the fact that these updates could be small, there are many other games with similarities between releases (see: Pokémon). Also, I'm sure there are many differences that aren't noticed by people who aren't "incredibly into" Street Fighter II (to my knowledge most of the updates are in the fighting engine itself, as well as new characters, stages, color palletes, etc).

Who knows? There might be exceptions to this "no repackaged versions" rule, but for that we'd have to get staff confirmation. Based on current rules (and previous rulings on similar cases), Rayman Forever and Rayman Gold need to go.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamjohn

The level pack, known as Rayman By His Fans, potentially deserves its own page (though its a weird case considering that the levels are all fanmade levels made with the official Rayman Level Creator hand-picked by Ubi).  Rayman Forever, as well as any other repackaging of the game, doesn't.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
@iAmJohn: Was that a standalone game, or something that is a part of Rayman Forever or Rayman Gold?
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By JJOR64

For all the different version of the Original Rayman, all of them should go on the Rayman page.  This is what I think.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iamjohn
@StarFoxA said:
" @iAmJohn: Was that a standalone game, or something that is a part of Rayman Forever or Rayman Gold? "
According to the Rayman Wiki, Rayman By His Fans was only available with Forever.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
@iAmJohn: Well in that case I think that it could just be detailed in the Rayman page.
Avatar image for chocolatecoffin
ChocolateCoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ChocolateCoffin

You can't delete Rayman gold... it's part of my childhood! If that's not an objective reason, I don't know what is.

Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Joseppie

Check one!

Justin_Case

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers