Do You Think The Wikis Should Hav A Critical Reception Type Part?

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

Just a thought... we typically have all manner of features on there like gameplay, story, characters and some other sub-headers.  I just was browsing them and thought it may make a good edition.

What are your thoughts? Good? Bad? Too much like Wikipedia?

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Where does it say that you can't have a critical reception?  

Anyways, I would put something like that when I edit wikis, but I just don't want to.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hamst3r

I don't think anyone is stopping you from adding something like that to any of the wiki pages.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10

I try to put them in whenever I edit. Though if the game got terrible, terrible reviews I don't.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss

This belongs in the editing & tools forum....but anyways yes I think it would be a nice addition.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

I personally dont like the idea much. If you suggest the idea people would probably just copy and paste wikipedia for easy points

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ververdan0226
@Pie said:
" I personally dont like the idea much. If you suggest the idea people would probably just copy and paste wikipedia for easy points "
That was my main concern was that it could be a quick and dirty thing to get points.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pie
@ververdan0226 said:
" @Pie said:
" I personally dont like the idea much. If you suggest the idea people would probably just copy and paste wikipedia for easy points "
That was my main concern was that it could be a quick and dirty thing to get points. "
How about just posting the average score from metacritic?
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ververdan0226
@Pie said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
" @Pie said:
That was my main concern was that it could be a quick and dirty thing to get points. "
How about just posting the average score from metacritic? "
Maybe the designers could incorporate that into the general information bar? Because having a sub-header simply to post a score would be strange... 

Weird situation. It could either be a get-rich-quick scheme for points or it could be something meaningful. Though most people would probably use it for the former...
and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By and333

I think because the wiki's are supposed to be presenting information so that they can be unbiased so the user whos reading up on it can form their own opinion giantbomb should not be fox news!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pie
@ververdan0226 said:
" @Pie said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
" @Pie said:
Maybe the designers could incorporate that into the general information bar? Because having a sub-header simply to post a score would be strange...  Weird situation. It could either be a get-rich-quick scheme for points or it could be something meaningful. Though most people would probably use it for the former... "
How about underneath the wiki picture where it states what platforms its out on and date released just have the average score
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ververdan0226
@Pie said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
" @Pie said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
" @Pie said:
Maybe the designers could incorporate that into the general information bar? Because having a sub-header simply to post a score would be strange...  Weird situation. It could either be a get-rich-quick scheme for points or it could be something meaningful. Though most people would probably use it for the former... "
How about underneath the wiki picture where it states what platforms its out on and date released just have the average score "
That could work, but what about for other games where there is known critical reception but not necessarily a mean score as there is with current games in the Metacritic generation??
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss
@and333 said:
" I think because the wiki's are supposed to be presenting information so that they can be unbiased so the user whos reading up on it can form their own opinion giantbomb should not be fox news! "
A lot of people don't understand that articles are suppose to be non-biased.....I've had to fix so many biased articles its ridiculous.....but putting in the critical reception is not biased if done correctly
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew

Has no one ever seen similar sections in video game articles on Wikipedia? It's possible to do write a critical reception section without inserting your own bias, and it's something I try to do wherever possible.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Pie said:

If people just copy & paste it from wikipedia then I'll go kung-fu on their asses!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the original question, as long as they are short and to-the-point, don't show any personal bias, there is nothing wrong with a critical reception section. Some wiki articles already have them.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By natetodamax

I don't see why not.