Recent Wiki Edits - Skinnerbox Edition

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

Edited By daavpuke

Oh, hi there, I'm back. There have been a few hurdles in the way of keeping up the edits, what with my Premium running out and not being able to afford a re-up, which doesn't keep me on the site as long. Luckily, I managed to scrape by some coins for the Giant Bomb Premium sale, which is happening right now, baby. Only a few more days to go, so act fact! I've also been grinding away at Apex Legends and eventually got to level 100 in the Battle Pass, so I'm finally free from that nightmarish, stagnant game. I did it. More importantly, I never have to do it again!

With those things out of the way, I can resume typing some words here and there and I'd like you to take a look at the neat games I focused on this time.

1. Killstreak.tv

I win! MY win!
I win! MY win!

The developer of Cosmochoria, one of my favorite tiny games, is involved in publishing this free-to-play game on Steam, so I thought I'd check it out. Killstreak.tv is a pretty tight, minimalistic thing. Players load into a lobby, can only move on the X-axis and then just try to shoot each other with the weapons found on the floor; real quick and easy. There's not much to it, but it's fun, free and you can drop in and out in just a few minutes.

2. One Way Heroics

No Caption Provided

I tried focusing on personal favorites for a bit and One Way Heroics is definitely up there, due to its unique gameplay loop. It's a bit like Kingsway, but more immediate: Run to the right and never stop going or the darkness will gobble you up. There's also run-based mechanisms added to it, making it a very unique, addictive way of reinventing classic roleplaying game (RPG) gameplay of yore. More people should play this game.

3. Saint Seiya Cosmo Fantasy

My favorite screenshot, due to the meme potential.
My favorite screenshot, due to the meme potential.

If there's one game that can indicate why I haven't written more that isn't Apex Legends, then this Saint Seiya gacha game is it. I've been playing this non-stop on my phone for weeks. I've invested so much attention to collecting my anime husbandos that this is my first 1000 point wiki edit since my return! Obviously, there's a caveat that the game is a lot better if you're a fan of the anime and there's pay-to-win involved, but really that's every gacha game.

Fun fact: My thousand points don't show up, because I added one tiny new page along with the rest of my writing and the wiki glitched out, attributing most of it to something called Minna to Daikoukai Frontier? I have no idea what that is, but if it's anything like Saint Seiya, then it's rad as hell.

I'm literally playing the game right now.

4. Tales of Link

Tekken was in this game. Yup.
Tekken was in this game. Yup.

Playing Saint Seiya Cosmo Fantasy led me down the road of other mobile games I wasted time on and it turn out that Bandai Namco makes some cool phone games. Tales of Link played more like Puzzle & Dragons, but it's the same gacha goodness for those animu babies. Usually, I like to spend a few minutes with the game to get reacquainted, but this one was, sadly, sunsetted last year, so I had to keep it brief. It's still an interesting point in time and a telltale sign for the quality of phone games, given that stereotype remains to this day. Tales of Link was cool.

Hopefully, now that I'm out of the Apex hole, I'll have a bit more time to dedicate to games that aren't awful, so that could be my next wiki goal. I've got a few things lined up, since I redeemed a bunch of Humble Monthly games and there have been some crazy sales happening lately, such as the Epic Games Store #MegaSale. We'll just need to wait for the pull of androgynous anime cuties to die down a little. I may or may not be still playing Saint Seiya right now.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Great job yet again! I think I am getting the wiki bug yet again, and it is in part thanks to you and these blogs.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

@bobafettjm: Oh wow, that'd be quite the honor, thank you! I absolutely support going for that!