Should FF potion have its own page?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By rachelepithet

Since it is almost like "Root Beer" brand root beer, you know, they actually sell FF potion drinks in stores, it might be worthy of its own thing than split among pages for Potion/HealthPotion/ManaPotion etc. (Ether does have a page.) 

The essentials of FF quest set had me pondering this.
Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Legend

Well, I created the pages for many FF items, spells, creatures.. etc, including the potion and ether pages. When I created the potion page, I made it clear in the description that it is intended only for the FF item and that any other uses of potion in other games can be added to the Health Potion page, but people kept making changes to the page until it ended up being about potions in general. This is exactly why I wish we had a wiki history, discussion and notification of changes system, so that stuff like this won't happen, but.. oh, well.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Allowing people to associate objects to other pages without knowing what the object actually is has caused problems in the past. But even people who have seen the deck and article may end up completely disregarding it. And if they're going to completely change the page's purpose without any discussion and without informing anyone, there's not much we can do about it.