Suggestion: List thing in alphabetical order

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

I think it would be much easier to go through lists if they were in alphabetical order. I'm talking about all the different types of lists on game pages, character pages and all of the other pages. It would be handy to be able to scroll down a friends list on a character page and easily see who is missing.

It's almost impossible to deal with some of the really lengthy lists on some pages, I don't want to have to scroll through 200 different concepts to find out if the one I want to add is there or not.

Thoughts?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Newten said:
"I don't want to have to scroll through 200 different concepts to find out if the one I want to add is there or not."
That's not really a problem, since you can just use your browsers search function to find it. Although I do think that on certain things it would be easier if they were ordered in alphabetical order, yet others might be easier ordered by other things, e.g. release date for games on some pages. What we need is for them to be sortable, so you can order them by whatever you want.
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Darn I forgot to use F3 haha. I still think they need to be alphabetical though, even if it's just to look nice :D

For our own custom lists, I think we should be able to pick the 3 that show up on our profile page, and then have more options for the full list such as alphabetical, order of release, genre etc.

At the moment everything on the site is kinda randomly jumbled up, you know?

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Giantkitty

Have a "menu" of choices like alpha, most popular, most relevant, chronological, random, etc.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

You don't even need to search. Just add the necessary items and submit. If it's already in the list, it won't add it again and you won't get additional points for it. If I'm adding a bunch of things to a list that already has a bunch of things to it, that's what I do.

Although I do agree that there should be some sort of of organization. The lists seem to be randomly populated.