Wiki Editing Issue, Regarding Formatting

CrimsonDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CrimsonDawn

I'm editing the Mortal Kombat: Deception page, and am having issues when it comes to formatting. With bolding things, specifically. During the initial writing of the content, I had headings bolded and content beneath it unbolded, and everything looked fine. Upon saving the edits, however, I found that everything got bolded, except only for the bottom two sections in question. If you go and check out the page, you'll see what I mean (the Endings and Soundtrack headings). Is there any way of fixing this, or working around it, because I'm a stickler for formatting and it just looks sloppy the way it is. I've attempted to fix it a couple times with no luck. 

Thanks in advance.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By natetodamax

That's a really annoying bug. Not sure how to fix it though.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#3  Edited By Marino  Staff

I've run into the issue a few times.  It's pretty frustrating.  Try going into edit mode, cutting the bolded part, paste it into Notepad, clear your clipboard, then copy it back in, and save.  The system will recognize it at the same content and not give you more points, so don't worry about  unfairly getting points.  Just don't save before you paste it back from notepad.  But using notepad should/might remove any of the markup embedded in the wiki editor.

CrimsonDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonDawn

Thanks for the suggestion, Marino. I'll give it a shot and report the result back here. 

EDIT: No dice. It didn't work. The changes looked fine in the wiki editor, but after saving everything got bolded again. Very frustrating indeed.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

I suggest using the H2 and H3 buttons for headers in the future. It's a lot cleaner than just bolding the headers.

CrimsonDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonDawn
@StarFoxA said:
" I suggest using the H2 and H3 buttons for headers in the future. It's a lot cleaner than just bolding the headers. "
I have been doing that, but I personally find the H3 header to be too large, and I only used the bolding on the character names (this is in the section where I put down the characters' endings) so that someone skimming the page can swiftly find the ending for the character they want.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
@CrimsonDawn: Personal preference, I guess. I've just always found those headers so much easier to format with, since the text markups are so broken.
CrimsonDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrimsonDawn
@StarFoxA: Fair enough. To be honest, if the formatting issues aren't resolvable, I might just have to go ahead and start doing that anyway.