Would blizzard ever refund if you bought Diablo 3?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

I'm just not sure if they're morally obliged to refund, due to the piss poor service they've given for Diablo 3. Especially if you bought it directly from them, all they need to do is refund the money, and remove the license from your account?

To put things into context, it's been 4 days since I've been able to get on and play the single player component of the game. I work during the day, so when I get home from work, I kinda expect to be able to play Diablo 3, but the last few days, I just get kicked out of the login screen due to the infamous "Error 37".

This is pretty out of order. It doesn't help that there's no discernible way to contact Blizzard. I've tried to phone them for 3 days aswell, but their phonelines are always "too busy"

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

Yes, they have given refunds for several different reasons already, including your dilemma.

Sorry for your grief duder. I'd still wait it out to enjoy it, it's one hell of a game.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By brownsfantb

I'm sure they would give you a refund, but they'd probably try to give you 3 free months of WOW or credits for the auction house or something. Most companies only give full refunds as a last resort.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

@brownsfantb said:

I'm sure they would give you a refund, but they'd probably try to give you 3 free months of WOW or credits for the auction house or something. Most companies only give full refunds as a last resort.

I wish it DIDNT have to be like this. But it's just like...when you work during the day, you kinda expect to be able to play the game you want to when you get home. But server loads are apparently too high. All the time

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Error 37 = keep trying to login. You'll get in eventually.

Also, why would you expect that a telephone would be the best way to contact support? Are you 90 years old? Submit a ticket and await a response, duder: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By doobie

i couldn't get on last night ( i work in the day too) but that was the first time id not been able to log in since the launch and i have sunk nearly 50 hours into it since then, which is a lot for me since i work in the day.

i just played something else last night

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By J12088

By law they have to if you live in the UK.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By JBG4

this seems so weird to me, I still haven't had any issues getting in and playing on a consistent basis... I really have sympathy for those who are struggling so much to get in and enjoy to game.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WMWA

Idk. They made me sign another EULA after the last patch. Some of the wording sort of seemed like it was some non responsibility on their part stuff. Maybe it was the same EULA from before but I just found it odd they made me sign it again, so I actually read it

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

This makes my hourly lag spikes seem minor in comparison, but they still annoy the shit out of me.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By MildMolasses

Joystiq just posted an article about the Korean FTC raiding Blizzard's office in Seoul over this very issue

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/korean-government-raids-blizzard-over-diablo-3-complaints/

Apparently Blizzard is not in favour of refunding your money as you entered into a sales contract with them. It's nice to know that they view their sales contracts as only being applicable to the consumer and not the ones that hold power over your ability to actually use the product you paid for. I don't know how well this would hold up in court, but I believe that should you seek out a refund, then you should be granted it. The person's ability to play is entirely in their control, so it's not as though they could just remove an accounts access to a game from their servers and return money to the person who wants it

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iamjohn

@Ravenlight said:

Also, why would you expect that a telephone would be the best way to contact support? Are you 90 years old?

Yeah gee, why would someone think that calling someone directly and speaking to a person would be better than submitting an online request and waiting for someone to get back to them at their convenience? Are you seriously asking this really stupid question?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Ravenlight

@iAmJohn said:

@Ravenlight said:

Also, why would you expect that a telephone would be the best way to contact support? Are you 90 years old?

Yeah gee, why would someone think that calling someone directly and speaking to a person would be better than submitting an online request and waiting for someone to get back to them at their convenience? Are you seriously asking this really stupid question?

A: Wait on hold for hours, maybe get connected, maybe not.

B: Get a reply whenever someone is available to assist.

I agree that neither of these options are ideal but actually expecting to talk to a person over the phone when the support base is dealing with a potential pool of six million+ customers seems naive to me. Maybe I'm just jaded because I deal with phone queues and the logistics thereof in the course of my job (hint: it sucks for everyone involved). I could have also worded the previous post in a less caustic way; apologies to any offended parties.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iamjohn

@Ravenlight: When you put it that way, fair dues. I will say, however, that I've had nothing but good experiences with Blizzard phone support (even if my run-ins with them involved them refusing to refund me for Diablo II because they continue to sell the Mac version that won't run in Lion).

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayesslee

If you feel that it won't get any better than I'm sure they'd be willing to give you a refund.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ajamafalous

Where do you live, out of curiosity? EU or US servers? I've been playing nearly all day every day since Hour 0 and the only times I've ever been able to not log in were during scheduled maintenance (which is 100% to be expected, since I've played MMOs before). 

On topic, I bet they'd probably refund you. Blizzard seems to be like Valve and unlike most other publishers in that the good will is more important to them than the few extra bucks. All dealings I or any of my friends have ever had with either Blizzard or Valve customer service have been nothing but satisfactory.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By murisan

@Ravenlight: I'd rather wait 35 minutes than 4 days+. My ticket has remained unanswered since the 27th.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By jasonefmonk

I saw a Reddit post showing the email exchange where a user got a full refund because he simply didn't find the game enjoyable. He wrote a pleasant email and asked nicely and was treated accordingly. Give that a shot, as you guessed, they just deleted the game from his Battle.Net account and refunded his credit card.

If you don't decide to stick it out you can always re-purchase it in a month when all of these wrinkles have been ironed out.

akzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By akzo

Sorry to hear it.  Like the others I've been able to get in and play recently, but it's been spotty and the lag once I'm connected is horrible for the first 20 minutes.  You can't get in now but how much of the game have you played?  If you are over certain hours played or level they might deny any return.