1st DLC announced & then dated for tomorrow (March 24th)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Jaws of Hakkon!

No Caption Provided

A few things off the bat:

• The promo images seem to set this before the ending of the main game
  • No red lyrium has been seen yet
  • Jaws of Hakkon apparently refers to "Hakkon Wintersbreath" one of the gods of choice for the Avvar, an ancient tribal people often referred to. You can fight a group of them in the main game, and their leader can be judged for attacking Skyhold with an animal

A trailer will go up tomorrow along with the game's release on XBone and PC, other systems pending.

I'm on PS3 so I'll be waiting a bit for it, but I'll definitely get it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Wait... is the trailer coming to tomorrow? or the DLC?

Also : surprise timed exclusive!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait it's single player content? I...I didn't expect that.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Sterling

Timed exclusive DLC is so fucking stupid.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

Well I haven't played the game in a while, unfortunately I'm also not that far in (I just met Hawke) and I'm on the PS4, so since this is a timed exclusive, it gives me some time to get through the game more before the DLC drops for me.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's time for me to get around to finishing the base game. I found it to be such a snoozefest when I last played, though.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CreepingDeath0

@flstyle said:

A trailer will go up tomorrow along with the game's release on XBone and PC, other systems pending.

Got a source on that? I'm pretty sure it's only the trailer coming tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the tweet.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zeik

The timed exclusivity is annoying, but part of me is a little glad, because I won't be tempted to pick up any of the DLC right away. I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY version.

Unless that ends up being "timed exclusive" too. Now THAT would piss me off. That or they pull a Mass Effect and conveniently not include all the DLC.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Any clue on pricing?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

PS4 so I get to wait and see if it is any good, thanks for being a test subject for me Xbox and PC users

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also on PS4 so I'll be waiting which is fine since I haven't beaten the game yet.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I should... really finish Dragon Age.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JRM

@sterling: Yep, and while I may be in the minority here but this kind of shit makes me actively not want to give any of my business to Sony or Microsoft. Fuck em both!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not coming to PS4 until later? Works out fine considering Bloodborne is releasing the same day.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I really think they should do post ending content given how much stuff is in this game. Kind of stand alone stuff. Would make more sense to me. But maybe I'm in the minority there.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The exclusivity will give me time to play Bloodborne and Pillars of Eternity and never get back to Dragon Age to finish it. Good job, Bioware.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@sterling said:

Timed exclusive DLC is so fucking stupid.

Yeah, even when I'm on the beneficial end of that it's always seemed stupid to me. Oh well, maybe I'll get through my 2nd playthrough of Inquisition before the DLC hits PS4, at least.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it timed exclusive or is it more an EA Access sort of thing? Doesn't really make a difference really but if PS4 also had EA Access do you think the DLC would be released there on the same day?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Timed exclusives make me glad that XBone and PS4 continue to not view PC as much of a threat for some reason.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HH

i spent so long in my first playthrough i think i'll wait until all the dlc is out before i go back for another run, still though, looking forward to it.

LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this gonna be paid dlc?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

You know, I really liked Inquisition. I put about 90 hours into it and I feel like I saw all I wanted to see in that game. As much as I enjoyed it, I just have no desire to revisit that world.

@losdub said:

this gonna be paid dlc?

It's EA, I'm guessing it will be paid. If it was free, EA PR would have been screaming that at the top of their lungs on every social media outlet out there.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on where the story of Inquisition went (nowhere), I'd only be picking this DLC up for the gameplay-- but I already got my 80 hour fill from the main game.

That, and we're probably going to get a sequel that reuses all those assets in a few years or less.

LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

Based on where the story of Inquisition went (nowhere)

did ya watch the after credits scene?

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pilgrimm1981

Well I only got my PS4 a month ago (for Bloodborne, tomorrow yay!) along with GTA V and Inquisition. I finished Inquisition yesterday. Man strucuturally that game is a mess. How about next time they don't fill the game with mmo'esque bullshit quests so I can actually remember what was going on in their main storyline (which I didn't even like all that much to begin with)? It's not a bad game at all, but its the same reason why I don't like Far Cry games...look at all that content! Yeah but it's repetitive bullshit. Anyway if they make the DLC a focussed game, with a more interesting storyline (maybe a bit less grand?), better developed character dialogue, better antagonist (Irenicus, Corypheus is not...ok unfair comparison haha) and no f'in useless filler on giant ass maps...I might be interested haha sorry for the rant. C'mon Bioware, you used to be so good at this!!

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game already has too much stuff to do I'm good thanks

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@losdub said:

@teddie said:

Based on where the story of Inquisition went (nowhere)

did ya watch the after credits scene?

Yeah I thought that was awesome. Really interesting character arc for that fellow. My views on him were constantly evolving.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShadyPingu

I really enjoyed Inquisition, but I dunno if I'm down paying for just another node on the world map, unless it directly addresses the ending stinger. This doesn't seem like that.

Plus, I crafted so much baller shit by the end of that game, I can't imagine what they'd have to do to get me excited about finding more loot.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So anyone pick it up yet? I havent finished the main game yet so it'll be a few more days before I consider picking it up, but I'm curious to know how long it is and if anyone thinks it's worth the £12.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caesius6 said:

People complaining about the timed exclusivity and saying they'll go play Bloodborne instead are too funny.

They're so similar!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brendan

@artisanbreads: Unless Sony actually had a hand in financing/assisting in the development of the game then yeah, they are sort of similar.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@brendan said:

@artisanbreads: Unless Sony actually had a hand in financing/assisting in the development of the game then yeah, they are sort of similar.

I'm talking about the games themselves. They are wildly different and they have nothing to do with each other. Ones a full price game even. It's a silly thing to say.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: He's talking about companies paying for exclusivity for things that would otherwise more likely be on a broader set of platforms. As with most decently budgeted stuff, unless a platform holder actually assists in bringing the game to market in some way before its finished than regardless if whether its a full game or a game add-on, its the same concept.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be too busy playing a REAL RPG called Bloodborne. Microsoft can have their timed exclusive.

Really? Did you even play Inquisition.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody grabbed this and if so is there anything substantial to this? This DLC seems super pricey at 15 bucks but if they're anything like Mass Effects DLC I might grab it.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without spoiling anything, can you still run around the world and do this DLC after you beat the game? I'm almost done with the main quest of the game, but a little under-leveled for this area. And if it's a Mass Effect 1 situation where once you beat the game you can't run around in the game world any more, I don't really want to start a new playthrough just to see this DLC.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I'll be too busy playing a REAL RPG called Bloodborne. Microsoft can have their timed exclusive.

Not debating Bloodborne's quality (I love the game) but it and the Souls games have always leaned much more towards action adventure than RPG. Inquisition is much more of an RPG than Bloodborne, that doesn't make it a better game, but saying Bloodborne is a "real RPG" in comparison to Dragon Age is ridiculous.