Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By UlquioKani

Link

Recommended:

CPU: AMD six core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 3.0 GHz

System RAM: 8 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Graphics Memory: 2 GB (It's listed as 3GB on Kotaku but I'm gonna go with the number on Origin)

Hard Drive: 26 GB

DirectX 11

Or, if you're playing on a slightly older setup, here are the minimum system requirements:

Minimum:

CPU: AMD quad core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 2.0 GHz

System RAM: 4 GB

Graphics CARD: AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Graphics Memory: 512 MB

Hard Drive: 26 GB

DirectX 10

This seems pretty reasonable to me. I upgraded for nothing :(

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At least 6gb VRAM isnt recommended.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Mmm, just below recommended... do I upgrade my computer or do I buy a new fightstick...?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm above minimum and fairly close to recommended, still gonna be buying it on PS4 though. I don't like taking chances, and demos/benchmarks of PC games seem to be non-existent now, so. I do wish Dragon Age's controller controls weren't so limiting, though. FFXIV handled hotbar controls on a controller just fine, dunno why this series can't.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By spraynardtatum

I remember when Max Payne 3 was 25-30 gb and it seemed unbelievable. Now Dragon Age comes out a couple years later and I'm not batting an eye. Now that actually seems low. It's funny how that works.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origin lists recommended VRAM at 3GB, which is the only part place I don't meet rec. I'll still probably buy the PC version though.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This seems pretty reasonable to me. I upgraded for nothing :(

Wait for the Witcher 3 recommended specs before saying that.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Oh good. I actually have no problem exceeding the minimum specs.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UlquioKani

@friendlyphoenix said:

Origin lists recommended VRAM at 3GB, which is the only part place I don't meet rec. I'll still probably buy the PC version though.

The link I listed goes to Origin and it says 2GB there so that's where I got my info from. The Origin client says it 3GB so I don't know what to trust.

Edit - Looking through the comments of that Origin link, it seems it was changed from 3GB to 2GB.

Edit 2 - Official DA:I site also lists 2GB - Link

Edit 3 - Origin client has updated to show 2GB. I'm gonna guess that it's 2GB at this point

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dual-core intel CPU has spent the past few years continuing to breeze through games that insist on a quad-core as minimum, so I'm not worried about that. I meet everything else comfortably.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Extra AA & AF and maybe some downsampling here I come!

BeyondStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Heck, I remember 20 GB for the original Dragon Age seemed insane at the time.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My OS doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Welp.

I played Battlefield 4 just fine, so maybe this'll be okay. Orrrrr maybe I'll just wait till I get a new PC to play this (probably not).

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cannedstingray

Mmm, just below recommended... do I upgrade my computer or do I buy a new fightstick...?

I totally thought you said fishstick. If you have an EVGA video card, look into the upgrade program, where you can exchange yours for a new better model for a nominal fee. I heard the guys on the Tested podcast talking about it.

I bought an EVGA 770 that I might try to exchange, I also have 2 570s' but I don't know if those qualify

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ripelivejam

Yeah bf4 overall feels like a visual and technical (level design and amount of onscreen activity wise) powerhouse and im surprised my system can run it consistently at 100+fps. Starting to wonder if they are getting lazy on ports again; either that or dreading the generally high requirements to come even with my rig being fairly new.

It's most likely stupid but im half considering selling my parts and starting fresh with intel/nvidia. Or maybe i'll overclock and go sli first...

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well PS3 version here I come!!!!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Weird that they have video cards in the recommended list that don't actually meet the recommended video ram of 3GB. VRAM is the only spot I come up short in the recomended, which is actually surpising since I was expecting my setup to be well below specs for this game (I have a 2GB GTX 660).

However I'm still leaning towards PS4, partly because my card only has 2GB of VRAM and partly because I expect my PSN friends list of 60+ Giant Bomb duders will likely mean I've got some cool folks to play the multiplayer with. Playing with awesome dudes from this community has been one of the best things about Destiny for me, so oppunities to play games with you guys trumps whatever benefits (if any considering my dated PC) the PC version could provide.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird that they have video cards in the recommended list that don't actually meet the recommended video ram of 3GB. VRAM is the only spot I come up short in the recomended, which is actually surpising since I was expecting my setup to be well below specs for this game (I have a 2GB GTX 660).

However I'm still leaning towards PS4, partly because my card only has 2GB of VRAM and partly because I expect my PSN friends list of 60+ Giant Bomb duders will likely mean I've got some cool folks to play the multiplayer with. Playing with awesome dudes from this community has been one of the best things about Destiny for me, so oppunities to play games with you guys trumps whatever benefits (if any considering my dated PC) the PC version could provide.

It's 2GB VRAM. All mentions of 3GB VRAM have been removed from both the Origin client and this news story.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By monetarydread

@moonshadow101: How much you want to bet that you see a dramatic increases in your performance if you upgrade your CPU? GPU's require the help of a CPU to get its shit started, it turns out that if your CPU is not roughly the same generation as the GPU your GPU performance will be bottlenecked and it can be hamstrung at 50% usage.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ZolRoyce

I remember when Max Payne 3 was 25-30 gb and it seemed unbelievable. Now Dragon Age comes out a couple years later and I'm not batting an eye. Now that actually seems low. It's funny how that works.

Agreed, I sort of did a double take at 26gb, I thought it would be closer to 40gb or so. At the very least in the 30's although by the time all the DLC is out it may be a bit more up there. Given it has a bunch of DLC, Origins did, 2 didn't, could go either way I suppose.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that 8800GT is getting some mileage. It's got to hold some kind of record by now.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little tired of seeing the 660 listed as "recommended." It's clearly freakin' bullshit. Especially as this is the second time in a month we've seen it on recommended lists that basically stated it actually wasn't enough unless you get the expensive extra capacity models.

A 660 isn't going to max this out. Don't kid me. It'll handle it pretty well, but you're not getting max settings at constant 60. I'll eat an egg on that.

Please stop listing this mythical 3GB 660 spec.

@zolroyce said:

@spraynardtatum said:

Agreed, I sort of did a double take at 26gb, I thought it would be closer to 40gb or so. At the very least in the 30's although by the time all the DLC is out it may be a bit more up there. Given it has a bunch of DLC, Origins did, 2 didn't, could go either way I suppose.

I'm a little BUMMED it's so low. This is one game I want to be massive.

And I think 2GB is lowballing. I think this game will totally use 3GB at high settings including AA. This is the same engine as BF4, which absolutely used more than 2GB. And that wasn't open world. And I run my games with AA, thank you very much.

I will never get Recommended Spec bullshitting. Just be honest with me. What do I need to really max the game out? Especially in a day of 1080p entering the same realm as 720p, with 1440p taking over and 4k on the horizon; and of course 144hz gsync monitors that still exceed 1080p.

My dual-core intel CPU has spent the past few years continuing to breeze through games that insist on a quad-core as minimum, so I'm not worried about that. I meet everything else comfortably.

Those games you mention probably didn't come from quad core consoles, did they? These new consoles are changing things for the PC side of things. You need a better CPU going forward, you need more than 2GB of VRAM going forward, etc.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

My OS doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Welp.

I played Battlefield 4 just fine, so maybe this'll be okay. Orrrrr maybe I'll just wait till I get a new PC to play this (probably not).

You can install the 64-bit version with your existing key, you just need the ISO for it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I sure hope recommended is enough for 1080p 30fps because I have slightly better than recommended with my 3.4ghz Intel Quad Core, 8GB RAM and 2GB 270X. I bought the card less than a year ago to max out Tomb Raider with TressFX and everything and it does that nicely at around 45fps. It must be able to handle this game because I can't buy a new card already. Besides it has mantle support which I've heard can increase performance. In any case it will certainly look better than on PS3/360 and should be on par with PS4/XONE.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little tired of seeing the 660 listed as "recommended." It's clearly freakin' bullshit. Especially as this is the second time in a month we've seen it on recommended lists that basically stated it actually wasn't enough unless you get the expensive extra capacity models.

A 660 isn't going to max this out. Don't kid me. It'll handle it pretty well, but you're not getting max settings at constant 60. I'll eat an egg on that.

Please stop listing this mythical 3GB 660 spec.

Why are you tired? Where did they write that a 660 could max out this game and maintain 60 frames per second? I see the word "recommended", but when did that word translate to "max/full/ultra"? This really perplexes me. Are there people out here that thinks that the recommended system requirements for a PC game means that you will be able to max out the game? No, the game merely advise, suggest and propose what system is good to play the game.