Glitches and bugs you've encountered? (Topic over 3 years old)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish I had saved a video but, my dudes arms got sucked into his body, but I could still attack. Imagine pulling your arms into your t-shirt sleeves and then pretending to flail your nonexistent arms in vague punching animations.

It reminded me of Sam-Crab from splinter cell conviction. This has a video if on youtube if you want to get an idea of what I saw in dragon age

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By The_Ruiner
  • Solas apparently can pass through solid walls because at one point he just disappeared into the side of a mountain.
  • Not so much a bug, but a design flaw. I got stuck in a cart and I couldn't jump out because there was an NPC standing next to me, and jump and talk are the same damned button!!
  • I see what everyone is saying about Varric's feet in haven. he just bouncing up and down like he's on drugs.
  • A bear was awkwardly standing on a rock and it's back legs inverted like a spider's legs....freaky..
Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I had my Herald get stuck in the falling animation during a cutscene. Everything played out as normal except he was hovering above the ground flailing his arms and legs. It was pretty great.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Except for screen tearing, character models vanishing, character model' heads warping around like their necks broke and boats in the water disappearing when I jump on the fence to the water?

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mctaters: yeeeeaaaah, "tactical" AI. My party members pretty much just sand their and spam random abilities while staying in the way of danger. I am always having to move them out of harms way and then move them again when they try to run into the battle even if they are a mage

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My lady hero lost her british accent sometime around midway through the game. That was weird.

Stilblad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After I had a party wipe a few hours into the game I had that save completely corrupted so that it crashed the game any time I tried to load it. When I went back to an earlier save my Inquisitor's face had changed models and textures. It is super frustrating and I really dislike the way that he looks now.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_Ruiner

Well I had to restart 3 times in less than an hour last night.

• I hit a bug where when I went into the radial menu for potions, the left stick was dead so I couldn't select anything or use any potions. Nearly died. Restart.
  • I few minutes later I ran into a bug that wouldn't let me switch characters. I was trying to energize a wall and couldn't switch to Solas...Restart.
  • Immediately after fast traveling to the Hinterland Crossroads the game crashed to PS4 OS...

Another minor bug involved the Haven blacksmith sliding into me and pinning me into a corner until he saw fit to let me go...

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only been playing the multiplayer, and oh boy... Some key features:

Sometimes, everyone except the host are moving at snail speed, only way to counter this is to jump around.
Breaking pots sometimes reanimates them so they can only be broken with AoE attacks, no looting for you if you are full single-target.
Constant disconnects, crashes, infinite loading screens, voice chat issues (on PC at least).
Unable to move / unable to use abilities / spawning outside the map - Disconnect and find a new game.
Negative xp. You heard me, you can actually lose xp if you're unlucky enough.
Certain life-saving abilities like the reavers Rampage sometimes, unpredictably, doesn't work, this often leads to unnecessary deaths and and possibly team wipes.

Despite all this brokenness and the terrible loot system, it is somehow one of my favorite MP games. It's like the endgame part of MMOs without all the time-consuming boring bullshit. I haven't even touched the SP yet cus I'm so hooked.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Also a warning before you do Solas' quest where you go to help his "friend." That quest has a bug where you can't complete it if you approach it the wrong way as it never plays a necessary cutscene. Look it up online to make sure you come at it the right way.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tearhead said:

Also a warning before you do Solas' quest where you go to help his "friend." That quest has a bug where you can't complete it if you approach it the wrong way as it never plays a necessary cutscene. Look it up online to make sure you come at it the right way.

Can you tell me the name of the Quest?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#62  Edited By tearhead

@the_ruiner: All New, Faded For Her

My advice would be to make multiple save slots while doing this quest, so if it does bug out you can roll back to a not so far save file and try again.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Like in every game (generally RPG's for me) that allows multiple save files, I always make multiple saves. :D

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_Ruiner
@gaspower said:

Like in every game (generally RPG's for me) that allows multiple save files, I always make multiple saves. :D

There's a hard limit at 40 saves. With multiple characters you go through this very quickly.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By nightriff

So after playing a bunch over the past few nights I've noticed that the game slowly breaks as the timer extended. Usually it is after 3 hours but I'll notice conversations stall until I skip to the next line, sometimes doesn't load everything into the enviornment, quick menu won't work (can't select potions i.e.). All I do is just quit and reload (probably could just reload) and it solves all those issues. But as I time how long I play games, it really is about 3 straight hours of playing is when I run into these issues.

EDIT: PS4 version

EDIT 2: Also on the Storm Coast when you come across the Dragon and Giant fighting, well something happened and the dragon launched the giant out of the world, it was pretty great. Similar to this:

Loading Video...

Except replace the giant with a dragon and the sabercat with the giant

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GaspoweR

@basm321: Do you command your members to just hold position? Clicking/Pressing A or X twice on the spot they are standing on or where you want them to go would command them to hold position on the spot you highlighted. The only time they'd move is ever you command them to attack or do a spell and the range is too far but normally even if you tell them to attack/do a skill and its within range they'll remain holding their position.

Also have you tried messing with the Tactics menu in the Character screen? You can set the skills to be disabled/enabled/preferred when a member is controlled by AI. I usually set most of the skills to disabled except for one or two so they don't spam them and since I always micromanage anyway. I only have very few skills for certain characters set to preferred (e.g. my MC dual wield rogue's Parry, and Cassandra's Shield Wall ). As an example, the only skill I have enabled for Varric is Caltrops and the only time he ever uses them when controlled by AI is if when an enemy gets close enough. Being able to know which skills to leave enabled and leaving most of them disabled for you to activate manually can be very useful.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastgunslinger said:

I had my Herald get stuck in the falling animation during a cutscene. Everything played out as normal except he was hovering above the ground flailing his arms and legs. It was pretty great.

Happened to me too! That's when I knew that my Herald was really chosen by Andraste, unlike you anti-heralds out there.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By GaspoweR

@the_ruiner: I always overwrite any of the oldest or older saves that don't have any crucial turning point or decision associated with that save. :D

Currently I have around 10 or so save files.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Sessh

Has anyone heard any updates on when exactly a patch is coming? Bioware has been talking about putting one out "soon" for more than a week now.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing major. I've have the one where my character floats around in conversation once or twice. Briefly couldn't switch characters, but that fix when I fast traveled. Had one weird conversation where the combat UI popped up and I couldn't use the dialogue wheel. None of those have shown up more than once or twice, and they've always been pretty easy to fix.

However, I recently discovered that the lack of party banter while out in the world isn't normal. Apparently it's a pretty common bug. I thought there just wasn't much banter in this game, but others have said the characters don't seem to shut up. That one's been a huge bummer for me.

Kalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using the respec item, then assigning points caused the game to hard lock a few times on the PS4. It works, but only if you assign one point at a time and exit out of the menus and walk a few steps between assigning each point.

During gameplay, occasionally part of the sound drops. Sometimes the music drops out, other times the battle sounds. Then they'll come back a minute or so later. Also during the intro, dialogue cut out for the rift sequence.

When talking with Dorian a pregnant pause occurred in the conversation that went on for 3-4 minutes.

In Skyhold there's a dwarven guard patrolling and on stairs, his legs clip through the ground.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Turambar

About 65 hours in, I've been fortunate to only run into 1 or 2 game crashes and nothing else. That is, until I got to the Promise of Destruction quest.

In one of the cutscene dialogue (the one with a guy named Daniel), the screen goes completely black, but subtitles and audio remains. Then the dialogue wheel shows up in the middle of this darkness and it does not take any inputs, whether it be mouse clicks or number pad, essentially locking the game.

I've tried starting from a different save file, turning the PC off and on, and reinstalling the game, but the bug repeats itself. Any suggestions?

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

quest where I am to pick up books around Skyhold...some of the books won't let me pick them up...just annoying.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive had guard hail me at the redcliffe gate and i couldnt respond; had to leave and enter the zone again.

Also stupid ? How do you get the MMO style ability menu?

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#75  Edited By Wraithtek

I'm still pretty early in the game. A few bugs I've seen:

• Knives Out - In one cutscene, my rogue walked around with daggers in hand: one pointing forward, one pointing backward. Not in a combat stance or anything. Just a walk & talk scene in a camp.
  • So where do I go now? - I made a new character (mostly just to play with character creation), and then started playing. Normally at this point, your character runs up some steps away from giant spiders, up a huge set of steps, toward a bright figure urging you on. Instead, I got dumped into gameplay. No spiders, no mysterious figure. Just a small rocky island with those steps, a small pond, a glowy pillar of rock, and not much else, in the middle of a barren valley. I thought for a second, oh, maybe the intro changes somehow for this other character? But no, there was nothing for me to interact with to proceed, can't save my game. I did have a point or two to put into skills, apparently. But I was stuck, and had no way to keep that character and try again. Weird.
  • Less amusing, I've been having problems with crashing (DirectX errors). Usually in cutscenes, but sometimes in character creator. Tried to fix it, seemed to get worse. Set everything back to Auto, Fullscreen, with V-sync off, and was able to play a few hours last night. But there weren't many cutscenes, so who knows if it's any better or not.
  • And a minor gripe, sometimes hitting Print Screen will cause the game to pause/freeze for a couple seconds, sometimes it works with no slowdown at all.
  • If you go into console and use "list", it will list the available console commands. But they're persistent - don't go away next time you open the console. Enter list again, it's now written there twice. Made it kind of hard to use the console with all this extra text on screen, over the text you're entering. Any way to clear the console output?

Bonus: For anyone looking to turn the UI off (for taking screenshots / video), it's:

1. ~ to enter console
  2. UI.DrawEnable false
  3. When you're done, to turn the UI back on: UI.DrawEnable true
schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone also run into the problem of being unable to remove modifiers for weapons and armor? I usually am able to remove all the pieces and but them onto new equipment and last night I was unable to do that. Didn't turn out that I missed that much but as someone who is very OCD with that stuff it was frustrating in the moment.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: Yeah, that occasionally happens in my game too, but only with certain types of armor. (Mage+Warrior) I have no clue why it would work with some and not work with other equipment.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: At least I'm not alone, looks like I'll have to play around with reloading the game and stuff to see if that fixes it. I know some things can't be removed like runes but that wasn't what I was trying to remove.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: Reloading/selling and buying stuff back/leaving certain areas and coming back all did nothing for me. Some stuff just doesn't seem to work. And yeah, upgrades aside from runes of course.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: What version are you on?

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By nightriff

@sessh: Same. I'll let you know if any remedies work for me if/when I come across that predicament again.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no one else is having the helmet bug of it missing textures and being white or cream coloured on any area that isnt metal? It also screws up hair with certain hats. Its a strange bug but easy to ignore if you play with helms toggled off. I have seen a few people on EA's forums mention they are having the same issue but a fix is never mentioned.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rave: I think most people actually have that one. I certainly do, I just forgot about it, since I also circumvented the issue by turning of the visibility. Also Bioware has pretty much not voiced any particulars on what will get a fix immediately.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun new bug that just won't go away no matter what I do: Every time I load a game/load into a new area the sound effects (attacks, grunting, talking, footsteps) made by your party don't work for about a minute and then all play pretty much at once for a few seconds. Very irritating.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By bargainben

I've been getting more sound effect issues later in the game. They normally get fixed when I save the game. I don't have to reload, just save. Its odd. I played a pretty big fight basically on mute save for the music lol

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Sterling

I've run into a bug in du Lion where I can't harvest metals. I get no prompt. I can ping them and they highlight. But no X button to take them. And its only with darkstone so far it seems. Leaving the area and coming back has not fixed it. Nor has reloading a save.

EDIT: Looks like changing party members fixed this. Not sure why leaving the area or reloading didn't, but that did. Once I harvested it with another member they then started working for me again.

@rave: That isn't a bug. Its their way of hiding the hair so it doesn't cause clipping. Its intentional.

@sessh: I've been having this issue in my game on PS4 since the begging. I get no sound for about 30-45 seconds upon entering an area, and then it all just plays at once to catch up it seems.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also forgot about the quest seeing red glitch. Every once in a while since completing it. It just constantly keeps popping up on screen that I've completed the quest. It will do it non stop every second until I complete another quest. Then its fine. But then it will randomly come start doing it again after I complete a couple more quests/tasks. Its crazy annoying.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Romance scene with Cassandra was broken, tried 4 separate times to get the scene to play out but had to just skip through all the dialogue as quickly as possible to avoid it freezing.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Sessh

@sterling: Interestingly the sound bug only started recently for me. I'm 50+ hours in and also on PS4.

I also have the quest bug, with quiet a few quests constantly popping up. It triggers ever time I go into the journal, but also happens a lot without me doing anything at all. Sometimes it's one quest over and over again and other times it's a multitude of quests in a row.

Seeing red happens most often by the way, but for me it sometimes randomly stops on it's on again without me having to complete a quest or anything. It can go on forever, though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: Ya I've also had that journal issue where it gives you along list of completed ones. I think this is because they are listed as new completed quests. And if you open the completed section it then throws them all at you again. Maybe not, maybe its just random, but that seems to be when I get it the most of those. I think I had something like 20 pop up once after doing that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This has likely already been mentioned, but the most frequent bug for me has been conversations freezing and forcing me to skip through dialogue to get it moving. There was one particular instance of where it would freeze every time the Grey Warden Stroud would talk... but only him. Also, some occasional falling through the world stuff or somehow being transported to a different area of the map when unpausing the action.

Oh, and this.

Loading Video...

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the elven ritual is infuriating because the detection on the walking stones is so fucking poor. Like there's no way QA could overlook something this obviously messed up.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: True, it's mostly newly completed quests, but there's older stuff (that I even went to the trouble of looking at in the journal again, so it won't show up as new any more) too.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the elven ritual is infuriating because the detection on the walking stones is so fucking poor. Like there's no way QA could overlook something this obviously messed up.

I just did that last night, the detection is sometimes a little delayed, but I didn't have any problems with that area. What are you playing on?

I had some pretty bad framerate issues during cutscenes nowhere else. I fixed that by putting the game in windowed fullscreen mode. Another problem I had was with the game just crashing in the beginning, again fixed by putting the game in windowed fullscreen.

The biggest problem I've had so far, is some characters not spawning in Skyhold or during Haven. An example would be Cole not being on the top floor of the tavern, Iron Bull not appearing in his spot in the, Varric nowhere to be seen near the fireplace, etc.. Only way for me to "fix" that is to quick save and then quick load until they appear.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bargainben said:

I just did that last night, the detection is sometimes a little delayed, but I didn't have any problems with that area. What are you playing on?

I had some pretty bad framerate issues during cutscenes nowhere else. I fixed that by putting the game in windowed fullscreen mode. Another problem I had was with the game just crashing in the beginning, again fixed by putting the game in windowed fullscreen.

The biggest problem I've had so far, is some characters not spawning in Skyhold or during Haven. An example would be Cole not being on the top floor of the tavern, Iron Bull not appearing in his spot in the, Varric nowhere to be seen near the fireplace, etc.. Only way for me to "fix" that is to quick save and then quick load until they appear.

Im on hard. To be clear cus "elven ritual" is a quest somewhere else too. Not talking about that. Talking about the Mythas ruins near the end of the game when you can chase a guy or do some puzzles. The puzzles are fairly easy in theory, I know exactly what to do, but after the 20th time of it arbitrarily resetting I just moved on. That's not fun.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll put this here since I've gone from thinking I missed something to thinking it's bugged:

I can't use my specialization specific ultimate/focus ability. Ever. 8 hours after getting it, 100+ battles - always grayed out. Doesn't matter how much focus I have. Reaver spec.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sessh: @nightriff: If you can't remove upgrades from your items, check to see if you have a full inventory. I ran into this and got confused myself, and then I tried crafting and it warned me that my inventory was full, so I figured they were related. I sold some stuff and then I was able to remove upgrades again.

My current big blocking bug is in the quest for the Rift Mage specialization. I got two out of the three required Venatori tomes and could not find the last one. Guides on the internet show three different spots where they definitely drop, but one of the spots that's supposed to have a Venatori outpost is empty for me. People have been saying you might be able to buy them off vendors or get them as drops from other Venatori mages but no luck for me so far.