Anyone playing the beta?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I went through all the battle training, and am absolutely in love with the way this game looks and plays. I must be misunderstanding something though, because i walk up to queue for a casual or ranked match, sit around for at least 10-15 minutes, and nothing happens, just a magnifying glass in the corner. Is there some interface im missing? there are 60 people in this world.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Look up Dragon Ball Fighterz beta issues, very few people are able to play since it's been open beta. I got to try some of the training and it definitely seems fun, to bad it doesn't work at all and you can't even do that without being online.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I bet the game would be amazing if I could play it, but I'm getting network failure errors so all I can comment on is the opening screen. The opening screen is okay.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

Hey i finally got into a game! Almost won the first match, then got completely destroyed lol. It's definitely fun, but my god my hands cramped up quick lol. I just don't have the dexterity for fast paced games like this anymore.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The game plays amazingly wow, but yeah I can't get into a match easily. Almost certainly buying in and around launch though, one of the most fun fighting games I have played in ages. It's like it has the best parts of the Marvel/Guilty Gear/Skullgirls/etc. type games rolled into one. Even if I am more than far away from my Dragon Ball fandom of my childhood, this game is still a blast so far. Might finally get a PS4 stick for it...

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

DBZ isn't for me so didn't try it for long. I liked the way it looks, but it felt a little off compared to what I've been playing recently (P4U2/GG Rev 2). I was playing on pad rather than my PS4 stick, so that probably accounts for at least some of that. Getting a network error during training which threw me all the way back to the title screen put me off trying to put more time into it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OurSin_360

I dont understand the point of these lobbies if we cant just set up matches without going through the que? Unless i am missing something you can put an emoji that requests a match but no actual way to set one up lol.

xkkzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xkkzz

Played the pre-order beta on Saturday and it worked great except for some crashes. I set matchmaking for 3-to-5 bar matches only, and my matches were almost all only 2-3 frames of delay. Heard it's been messed up since the open beta started on Sunday though, which is a shame, I gave up trying to connect. Hopefully they got whatever data they needed for the right capacity planning for the release.

It was hard for me to get a good sense of how the game plays because I have no idea what i'm doing and there's no training mode in the beta, so I spent most of my time mashing and flailing. I like that there's so many universal mechanics in the game, that should help make it easier to learn 3 characters. Though I'm a little worried the characters will all feel TOO similar, but I haven't even seen half of them yet.

I dont understand the point of these lobbies if we cant just set up matches without going through the que? Unless i am missing something you can put an emoji that requests a match but no actual way to set one up lol.

The beta is restricted to ranked/casual matchmaking, I assume because they want to test those servers. Which lobby you are in basically seems pointless for now. We gotta wait for the game to release to play friends or people in lobbies.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they fix thigns up soon, this is the first fighting game of this style i've ever understood (the training mode is actually pretty good.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things seem way better now, at least on PS4. Won a couple matches somehow, but I still will need a solid single player offering to actually buy this thing when its out. Treasure battle or random towers as from Tekken 7 or Injustice 2 would be enough,.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pretty hot on this game coming out of E3, but over time my interest has faded. Not really sure why. I guess, to me it was only ever about the fighting game aspects of it; I've never watched the anime and although I've absorbed some of it through nerd osmosis over the years, it isn't a draw for me. Is it an open beta? I might check it out if I don't have to jump through any hoops to get access.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Ok, finally got in the lobby and played about half of the tutorial. I'm impressed by the way it plays. I've always liked fighting games but never went beyond being a casual player and it seems to me like anyone, and I mean anyone, will be able to have fun with this game as long as you're playing with ppl on the same level. It's flashy and cool shit just happens with very minimal know how. They've made it super accessible for newcomers to be able to pull off combos. I wish however, they had the same philosophy with everything around the fighting cause nothing is friendly as the fighting system.

In this beta at least, assuming you're able to connect to the server, you pick a name and a region, then you pick a region again for w/e reason, and then you pick a more specific region like East Coast but there are multiple East Coast regions that are just numbered like East Coast 1, East Coast 2, East Coast 3 etc. No indication of what that means. Then you pick a lobby but make sure you don't pick the ones that have just one opening cause most likely it's full and it's lying to you about having it room for one more. When you go in the lobby, the camera is awkwardly placed rather low and you have no camera controls. Don't worry about it, get use to it. Just walk around the area and figure out where everything is and does.

I get these lobby areas in theory. Fighting games invoke the nostalgic arcade era and by creating a lobby, modern games hope to create a similar vibe and spirit of those times. Not only that, in Dragon Ball and Z, the tournament lobby is an iconic setting so the whole thing makes sense and the idea comes from a good place. In practice though, it goes against the accessibility of the game. It should be simple menus, it should be in and out, and we should be able to pop off 1 or 2 matches whenever we want.

The game, as evident, looks awesome.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I wish they'd allow you to practice with the different characters.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Just going through the tutorial now, but my goodness this game is spry. Feels fantastic to just move around.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As someone who has never seen, played, or read anything from the Dragon Ball universe, I personally hate the character designs. That being said, this game feels spectacular. It's incredibly fast, but I never had a hard time deciphering what was going on. The lobby felt tedious at first, but I'm fine with it now.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it works, the matchmaking and netcode systems have been fine. I got about 25 games over these two days. This game has more pressure than most fighting games that I play. With the homing dash, teleport, and the Dragon Rush that grabs you even when blocking, I feel like I am always on my guard playing. The pressure is even worse when you get pushed into the corner. I look forward to finding more depth in this game. Even with the online issues, I feel like they earned my pre-order.

Metalman781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Metalman781

I was only able to get in to one game in an hour

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The game looks astonishing but I would really need matchmaking against people of my own skill (extremely low?) to have fun. As it is, I’m just getting absolutely wrecked. I wonder if single player will be fun, and I wonder if there are any things to earn over time regardless of skill. For example, even though I’m not great at Tekken or Pokken, there’s always stuff to earn, so that’s fun.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

So they're not extending the beta?

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: They did not extend the beta. However, they did announce that there will be another 24-hour beta period in the future. Considering the game is launching in two weeks, they don't have a lot of time to fix any issues that they have.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn, was hoping to play some more today, guess im spending 60 bucks next week for sure

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couple matches I got to play showed this probably isn't the type of game for me anymore, my thumb cramped so bad after 2 matches it was ridiculous. I may get it severely discounted, but I'm also worried this is online only for single player as well since i didn't see any greyed out single player options before being forced to log in. :-/

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently they started the second beta last night (like 11pm central lol). I think its still going ps4 is updating atm

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Had an amazing time, but I do wish they'd had practice/tutorial for the available characters.

I get that they didn't because it was likely too difficult to section off the Beta characters, but it felt hard to experiment with weirder characters like Beerus, Cell, or even Krillin without being able to pull up a moves list.

That said, this game seems incredible. Even when I was getting bodied, I was having a decent time. I think their choice to have new characters start neutral after an elimination is a GREAT move that will stop a lot of the endless/vortex combos that crop up in VS games.

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was lucky enough to get in and find matches without any issues and the game is absolutely bonkers. Had a bunch of really intense fights also making a comeback and winning with you 3rd pick character while your opponent still has 2 feels incredible. Just incase anyone is wondering Kid Buu, Android 18, Frieza.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtb08 said:

I hope they fix thigns up soon, this is the first fighting game of this style i've ever understood (the training mode is actually pretty good.

They really learned a lot from GGXrd, both in the graphics and also in training mode/tutorials.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I was lucky enough to get in and find matches without any issues and the game is absolutely bonkers. Had a bunch of really intense fights also making a comeback and winning with you 3rd pick character while your opponent still has 2 feels incredible. Just incase anyone is wondering Kid Buu, Android 18, Frieza.

The "Sparking" option is something I always forgot about, but when I remembered made things SO much more competitive. It feels like a really good equalizer.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

On pc. So I couldn't, but keeping an eye on this. Looks very very interesting.

Toberl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Toberl

I got around 65 matches played in the beta and won more than half of them. The last Fighting game I played was MKX when it released. I'm not a fighting game guy at all, but I've really enjoyed what I played so far of this game. The auto combos make this game so easy to get into. You start up by button mashing and then slowly start replacing bits of your game with more advanced techniques. The great learning curve, the amazing visuals and the love for the source material has made this game my most anticipated of the year so far.

Next friday cant get here soon enough.