User Lists: 0

This joke keeps getting funnier and funnier

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

It needs its own separate server farm than the full game? Thats like saying they can't put Ferarries into the game because the Ferrari servers aren't ready.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I believe the technical term for what's happened with Driveclub to be 'catastrofuck'.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

"It's been months and months, trust me, not that many are going to try to download it. It'll be fine."

*server plummets*

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They have reached an unprecedented level of incompetence. I'm sorry, but every single person involved with this project deserves to lose their job. If I made mistakes on par with these in my field, I would be disbarred.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was one of the lucky few who managed to snag it before it went offline, and I've got to say, this is one of the best playing, looking, and sounding racing games I've ever played. It also completely confirmed my suspicion that Jeff has no idea what makes a good racing game.

Btw, this:

They have reached an unprecedented level of incompetence. I'm sorry, but every single person involved with this project deserves to lose their job. If I made mistakes on par with these in my field, I would be disbarred.

is a disgusting sentiment and you should be ashamed of yourself.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, if this "PS+ Edition" is anything less than the full game, they've fucked up. They could actually achieve a PR win after this disaster if they put the full game up for free.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

At this point, if this "PS+ Edition" is anything less than the full game, they've fucked up. They could actually achieve a PR win after this disaster if they put the full game up for free.

That seems like a pretty great way of annoying those unfortunate souls who bought the game (and my guess is they're probably not happy about putting more resources in to add stuff for their loyal customers). It's probably best if they just stick to exactly what they said they would do and then never speak of the game ever again.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If they'd announced Driveclub PS+ edition straight after Shenmue 3 the sun would have exploded.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If they don't just give away the full game on PS + then the whole thing becomes another mess. We will get a cut-down version of a mediocre driving game that was supposed to encourage people to buy the system and sign up for +.

Enuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fram: "With Shenmue 3 we discovered the huge potential of crowdfunding. So it is my pleasure to announce to you that we will start another kickstarter dedicated to fixing Driveclub PS+ edition, a game heavily anticipated by our community!"

#savedriveclubpsplus

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@berserker976: It's a realistic sentiment. In any other job if you messed up a single project this many times in a row you would get fired or definitely shifted to the sidelines until you quit yourself. I don't know the full logistics of creating the PSN version of this game but it seems like you're basically making an extended demo version. The full game is done - what is the problem? How can this be so hard?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

At this point we've exercised our patience for much longer than anyone thought we would. How about we try to be decent and not continue to kick it while it's down. It seems like they're about to release it for good. Let's try to prove that gamers aren't always assholes.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it's finally being released tomorrow, at least in Europe. BUT. Only offline mode to start with for everyone and they'll be rolling people into the online mode over the next few days.

What the hell kind of servers are they running this thing on that it's so demanding? I'm not aware that the races are any bigger than maybe 8 or 16 players at once? Everything else couldn't possibly be putting that much strain on their servers unless they've really, really made a screw up of the net code.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By rachelepithet

If they knew it takes two to three years in the modern game dev industry to make a demo disc (as opposed to one month-isn in 1999) they shouldn't have made their entire press conference in 2013 revolve around it. And they never should have put the paid version out first. What a strange grandiose promise to try to trick people into buying PS+, something everyone would already need anyway with a PS4 to do much of anything.

It was basically to cover up the fact that Plus was required for multiplayer, suggesting that a new trend/feature of PS+ would be getting brand new full price $60 games for free once in a while.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Berserker976

@humanity: It's not a realistic sentiment at all actually. The game had and apparently continues to have issues with it's online portion. That is both absurd and disappointing. No one is going to debate that. But calling for everyone at Evolution to lose their jobs because their game has server woes? That is way more absurd and disappointing.

Enuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berserker976: I don't mean everyone, I mean the people directly responsible. Obviously graphic artists and sound engineers have nothing to do with the issue. There is some fundamental problem in management because I refuse to believe this free portion of a full retail game that exists and runs fine at this very moment is getting delayed for over a year because of a lack of technical know-how on the development side.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

perfect fucking timing. My PS+ just expired.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@berserker976: I don't mean everyone, I mean the people directly responsible. Obviously graphic artists and sound engineers have nothing to do with the issue. There is some fundamental problem in management because I refuse to believe this free portion of a full retail game that exists and runs fine at this very moment is getting delayed for over a year because of a lack of technical know-how on the development side.

From what I read the issue centered around a faulty stress test. Once the public started playing the game they realized (much too late) that they'd need to recode the servers. So essentially one shoddy brick brought the whole castle down.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Your backend isn't one shoddy brick. It's your foundation.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: But as far as I know the full game actually is up and works doesn't it?

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

The funniest part is people are just going to be disappointed with this game after waiting this long for it, that questionable endorsement above nonwithstanding.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@spraynardtatum: But as far as I know the full game actually is up and works doesn't it?

I'm not sure! I'm kind of waiting for the Playstation Plus version still haha. I think I remember them saying it was though after 6 months. They probably suffered a huge lose in players because of the issues. Maybe the server load problems sorted themselves out just by virtue of people losing interest in waiting.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just to recap, this PS+ demo version, which was supposed to launch in November 2013, is now (supposedly) launching in late June 2015, with online functionality to be added later.

Holy shit. Throw in the towel.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to recap, this PS+ demo version, which was supposed to launch in November 2013, is now (supposedly) launching in late June 2015, with online functionality to be added later.

Holy shit. Throw in the towel.

I respect the determination.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do i even want this ps plus edition i don't know !

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, the offline experience will showcase what issues the game has.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

To be honest, the offline experience will showcase what issues the game has.

I snagged the offline version when it went up for a bit yesterday, what issues are you referring to? I personally haven't seen any.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the thing that stops me enjoying that game is the handling model. Plus you've got 10-12 cars on a narrow track and the AI is set to be aggressive. Whilst the online challenge stuff is the closest thing the game has to a hook, the bread and butter of that game is how it feels to drive. I.e. not great.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close the PS4 Launch Window! We made it, boys! Yeehaw.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Well, the thing that stops me enjoying that game is the handling model. Plus you've got 10-12 cars on a narrow track and the AI is set to be aggressive. Whilst the online challenge stuff is the closest thing the game has to a hook, the bread and butter of that game is how it feels to drive. I.e. not great.

This is always the weirdest complaint to see for me. It seems to almost exclusively crop up on GB, and it's personally baffling as I've found the handling model to be one of the absolute best I've ever played. The perceived weight of the car, the amount of traction, the degree of braking, it's all sublime. I get that it's not in everyone's wheelhouse, but the opinion that Driveclub doesn't "handle well" is certainly the minority opinion.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#183  Edited By isomeri

It's out, it's real, downloading right now. I'd forgotten how slow PSN download speeds are. Apparently it'll take 7 hours to download 3 gigs of videogame. I can manage the same in less than 10 minutes on Steam and maybe 30 minutes on the Xbox One.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

It's out, it's real, downloading right now. I'd forgotten how slow PSN download speeds are. Apparently it'll take 7 hours to download 3 gigs of videogame. I can manage the same in less than 10 minutes on Steam and maybe 30 minutes on the Xbox One.

Try pausing and unpausing the download. PSN has been fucky this past week for me at least, but fiddling with it seems to make it work eventually.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

This is always the weirdest complaint to see for me. It seems to almost exclusively crop up on GB, and it's personally baffling as I've found the handling model to be one of the absolute best I've ever played. The perceived weight of the car, the amount of traction, the degree of braking, it's all sublime. I get that it's not in everyone's wheelhouse, but the opinion that Driveclub doesn't "handle well" is certainly the minority opinion.

I dunno. It just didn't 'feel' right to me. I couldn't quite grasp where the limit of adhesion was and maybe led me to be super indecisive about breaking. They tweaked it at some point to make drifting more accessible but I didn't really feel a positive or noticable difference.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#186  Edited By isomeri

@a_e_martin: Thanks for the advice. I ended up just putting the PS4 in standby and the game had downloaded during the night. Apparently crazy slow PSN download speeds have been a wider problem in Europe recently.

EDIT: Oh wait nope, it's still showing 6 hours left when I went to start the game. That'd make a combined 14 hours for 10 gigs.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the PS+ version is available now. Not sure exactly when it finally went up, but I played about an hour of it last night. I actually quite enjoyed what I played, and it wouldn't surprise me if I wind up purchasing the full game at some point.