Adding reviews to certain games?

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By cardician

I was going to try to write up a review for some older PC adventure games that don't have any reviews yet, but I can't find any place to actually add them. They don't have a review section on the left and no where else can I find a place to add a review. Am I missing something? Can reviews not be added by lowly people like me until others have done so? Can reviews not be added to games that are a certain age?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They need to have a release date on the page for you to write a review. A quick google should find a release date, add it to the page, and then write your review. Problem solved.

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cardician

Ah, I see. Thank you much. Makes perfect sense actually.

Though, in checking a game, take Secret of Monkey Island for instance, it does have a year of release. Does the date need to be a full date for the review section to kick in?

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cardician

Ok, I now understand in looking around more that the game has to have a full release date for reviews to be available. Month, date, and year. Does this make sense though? Some of the older PC games I can't seem to find exact dates of release for, just years, and therefore absolutely no one can add a review to it. Seems like maybe something to think about.  For games whose exact release dates can't be found, should just the year be enough? What if you have the dates of release for some version of the game but not the original floppy disk verson? Things like that would be nice to have clarified, if someone can. Thanks.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

If you fill out the release date, and then switch to a fuzzy date, it might work; but I haven't confirmed that yet.

The Monkey Island series is pretty popular, isn't it? Shouldn't be too hard to find a full release date.

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cardician

You'd think. Yet for the early games I can't find anything but year released. I've done a decent amount of googling and no one mentions anywhere full release dates for the disk versions of these games. Now I've found release dates for later versions of some of them, but I don't know if it would be alright to put those in. It's a release date of a version of the game, just not the original release date of the first edition of the game.