Games on exercise machines

mortface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mortface

So my understanding is that the modest aim of the GB wiki is to become an encyclopedia of every video game ever made. However, there is an entire genre that is entirely missing. Entire game consoles, actually!

This is the set of games that appear on exercise machines. For example, the Concept2 Indoor Rowing Machine has such games as the Fish Game, Darts, Target Training, Biatholon. The fish game has high scores, involves skill, tactics and.. er.. rowing. I play the Fish Game almost every day, and I would love to post a detailed review and/or strategy guide. I need to update the firmware on my rowing machine to get Darts, but I'll post that too in time.

Are these games eligible to be in the Giantbomb wiki? How should these be structured?

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You should PM Jeff, he's the one that adds platforms to the database. Make a good case for it! There's is a fitness console in the database called the XaviXPORT.

I'm an inclusionist and always like to see more consoles added the database.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mortface: This needs to happen. I believe in you!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I have this Espresso (I think it's called?) Exercise Bike that has a dumb game on it where you chase dragons (awesome right) and also 3D courses on it, which is pretty cool because you can see the hills and all.

ionagenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@artisanbreads: It's (sigh) "Expresso." That game is so great. I once got a gym friend furious with me because she worked harder but I scored way higher because I played it like a game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@ionagenda said:

@artisanbreads: It's (sigh) "Expresso." That game is so great. I once got a gym friend furious with me because she worked harder but I scored way higher because I played it like a game.

The only disappointing thing for me is its in my apartment and not online, so it doesn't keep track of my stats or anything. The ghost functions and everything are smart, I wish they could use them.

Gym equipment could do a lot with game concepts I think. I guess they're starting to get there.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would love something like Expresso, model on amazon looked like it ran close to 2,500$ though.