Giant Bomb EVE Corp and Community - New duders welcome!

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@powerlyne: You can join Dreddit with the most kite co folks, or any other number of choices and still chat/play with us in the giantbombing channel ingame!

gulinotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well guess i picked a bad time to get back in

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gulinotm said:

Well guess i picked a bad time to get back in

A load of us are still playing, and you can certainly get help from us in the channel. You can also join a corp with us if you'd like to! Unfortunately it just didn't make sense to have a giantbomb corp specifically anymore :(

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Started playing again. I'm in the channel when I'm on. Starting back slow with some mining to build some capital and then I think I'm going to try some solo mission running and see where that takes me.

sebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datarez: My old hobby used to be running market manipulation and price gouging scams in this game, but I always enjoyed a mission run or two, and it'd be nice to check in on what's happening with the game. I had a go at joining the Giant Bomb Kite Co. folks last year but just couldn't get my head around nullsec or find the time at the right time for cool stuff happening, but I may give it another shot soon and join you if you like...

Luck702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just resubbed and learned about KiteCo disappearing. What a shame. They were super friendly and WMPTH felt like home.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. The kite co community is alive and well. Most of Kite Co. joined Dreddit. Some guys joined places like Pandemic Horde too. The burden of running a corporation got to be pretty heavy. Sometimes you just want to log in to the game and play and joining bigger groups definitely allows you that opportunity at a time where its very hard to make a name for yourself as a smaller group.

That being said, Its a really good time to get back into EVE right now. Theres way more in the way of big scale fighting than there has been in a very long time. The CFC (recently rebranded to be more family friendly as Imperium) is being attacked in earnest for the first time since I returned to EVE. Half of the galaxy is being bankrolled to throw themselves against the walls of fort that The Mittani built. Who knows how it will turn out but if you want back into eve now is one of the best possible times to be there. I'm biased because I'd like to see things shaken up in an mmo who's major power blocs have gotten a bit stale. But you could join nearly any member of the MBC and have a good time even as a new player.

Vikkiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DREDDIT IS RECRUITING

SadisticWOlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You can always hit us up in the in-game channel giantbombing if you want to hang out with duders in New Eden.

Ark4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To balance it out among KitCo.

Pandemic Horde is recruiting.

Dreddit though is always recruiting. always.

Loading Video...

iramch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is up I'm over in TRI and was wondering what the war looked like from the dreddit/horde side of things?

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I just logged into EVE for the first time in 5 years and my old corp is dead, could I enter the corp?

Also I was kinda a pirate before but still like my character, how do I go about making myself be not shoot on sight in high sec?

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apothaeos: Well I've joined Pandemic Horde, damn they have a bunch of things they want you to do. As I had my ship blown up the moment I went to an asteroid belt, now I'm trying to figure out how to get a cheap rifter outfitted again

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belegorm: If you are having any trouble in game, make sure to ask questions in giantbombing and feel free to hit me up personally for Horde related questions/problems/struggles etc. I am Avaren Dias in game.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I may have reset my account password, I might hop in for a month or so, is there a clan I can join to get in on some of the hostility that's ramping up?

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaren: Is giantbombing a chat channel in game?

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yothatlimp: Dreddit or Pandemic Horde are the two that most Kite Co guys have joined, they both allow quick entry to fight against the Imperium if that's what you're after. I believe you can join Karmafleet if you want to fight on the "bad guys" side.

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719  Edited By Avaren

@belegorm: Yep! click the little chat bubble icon above your chat window, and type giantbombing and then click join. I'll be in there in about an hour or two when I get home from work.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720  Edited By Belegorm

So I was flying a VNI in O1Y yesterday for the first time, (mostly) soloing anomalies with drones. It was better isk than I'd made since coming back to EVE (and TBH I'm still pretty much just living off the plex I'd sold shortly before leaving the game for the second time years ago), but still probably made only like 10-15 mil in an hour, if that. Is that about what I'd expect to make out of a VNI? I'll try and link the fitting later, haven't mucked with my character's API in 5 years.

I guess my current goal is of attempting to become fully self-sufficient isk-wise, and also potentially to be able to do this outside of PH in the future. It's fun there, I'm relearning what I'd learned before, how to fly and such, and learning new stuff (some of the scanners are new and I barely remember how to use dscan), and it's probably the best way to both be a noob and in the war; but longterm I'll probably look for a corp where I don't have a name and a number, my old pirate corps were a lot of fun to fly in (though looking back on it there wasn't too much variety of content we did). I'll never forget the time I took out my rifter, got my first kill on... a merlin I wanna say? got my first kill, gf's and all that, only to get popped from the guy's buddies as I was picking up the loot. I joined his corp and that was a lot of fun, but low sec pirating is seriously so expensive, or at least it was. After I've got my footing and the war is basically won maybe I'll look for a smaller null sec corp with some sov, or wormhole corps sound fun though I probably don't have the skills yet and I don't know a bunch of basic stuff like probe scanning yet.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wondering, what have folks been up to in game? As for me I got in on a couple dread kills yesterday :D

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping, I haven't played EVE in like 5 months or so after my group split up. Wondering how it's been for duders who've kept playing, how the war's gone and such.

Also with Ascension and the F2P model going live now how many people are going back or starting new.

I'm messing with the idea of going back but I can't realistically play EVE and another MMO that's currently taking up a lot of my time.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been thinking about a return to Eve. I still haven't committed yet. :)

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chadj: Now that it's F2P (you literally just have to log in if you remember your credentials and the email you used), I think it's totally worth just coming back to check it, enjoy the UI and QoL changes and somewhat shinier graphics. Join some fleets for alpha players and go dunk on the crazy TEST people. Help populate the in-game chat channel for GB duders :)

RedPhoenix122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726  Edited By RedPhoenix122

7 months since the last post. Is there still an active GB Corp? I'm currently in Alpha status trying to relearn the basics of the game.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727  Edited By obinice

Word, this corp still active? Wouldn't mind coming back to Eve if I can roll with GB duders.

GLHB