Everybody's Everybody's Golf Thread

sizzlerxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not much of an active member on the forums, but I see a gaping hole (pun not intended) where the thread sharing usernames for EG should be. If anyone wants to get in a few rounds anytime, I'm oklay on PSN.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I preordered this, because I love the franchise, but the more I look at it (I haven't gotten home to download it yet, so...) but it seems to be leaning pretty heavy on microtransactions, which I'm not happy about.

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as this plays as good as previous titles I'm totally excited!

Avatar image for panburgerpartner
PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The micro stuff seems pretty superfluous to me in my three or so hours with the game, but that could change. Seems mostly like a shortcut to opening courses and cosmetics. Don't think you can buy stats/better clubs or anything like that.

sizzlerxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sizzlerxanadu

I'm only a few hours in, but seems there's a lot of grinding. Turf war is cool though.

PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PanburgerPartner

Grindy for sure, but that's true of about every modern Hot Shots game. You really have to enjoy the actual playing of it to get the most out of it. Definitely not like an EA golf game where you're seemingly always making progress.

PoopsOnLawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing this almost nonstop since Monday night. I was a huge fan of the older Hot Shots games, but haven't played much past HSG3 on PS2. My buddies and I still will do the short course on HSG3 from time to time when we're together, so I've been looking forward to this one like crazy.

The core golfing is just as satisfying and deep as it's always been, which is almost all I wanted. The stuff outside of that seems fine, and the player customization is really good once you start unlocking items through the story mode. I haven't touched online yet since I want to get everything unlocked as quick as possible by doing tournaments and VS matches first.

The microtransactions seem well done as far as I can tell thus far. They sell a rotating selection of cosmetic items as well as some single-use powerups that you also can amass by just finishing regular matches. You also unlock TONS of cosmetics as you play through story, so I haven't felt the need to buy anything in the store yet. All the cosmetics in the store are relatively cheap and bought with in-game currency (which I have plenty of), so if I see a sick pair of plaid pants or something, I'll be spending fake golfbucks instead of dollars anyways.

This shit is addicting as hell.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Really wish this was a switch game.

PoopsOnLawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: i need this on my telephone

PoopsOnLawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

quick look coming on tuesday

No Caption Provided

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they sure do want you to get familiar with this first course

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

loving this game :D

PoopsOnLawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@internetdotcom: yeah, all of the tournaments are made up of a selection of the courses you have unlocked (aside from DLC courses) so it's like that at first. Once you start unlocking courses, there are more to pull from for the tourneys.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

@poopsonlawn: Boy, the thumbnails have been excellent recently.

RainbowWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, when I finally saw some video of gameplay on this game my vision went red and I had to buy it. I'm not a huge fan of them gating the features like super-spin that I was already used to doing on the Hot Shots Vita game for so long. Same is true for new courses, as I feel like I've played quite a bit and only just got a new course.

However, these mechanics are exactly what I want from a golf game so this is doing it just right for me. This is my perfect podcast-listening game at the moment.

Also, I'm way into the character creator and the bit-by-bit progression of unlocking new pieces of clothing. Real happy to make a casual Pharah to chip-in justice from above.

No Caption Provided

Ratinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels like it's going to be a slow trek past all the gates and unlocks BUT this is what i have been waiting for since world tour on PS3. Just so much fun to play, perfect game for podcasts or sports background. The core gameplay just so satisfying, only a couple of hours in already as addicted as i was to the ps3 games.

Plus they let me make an absolute monstrosity:

No Caption Provided

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

One can hope for a new Mario Golf installment in the future.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By MocBucket62

@ripelivejam said:
@xanadu said:

One can hope for a new Mario Golf installment in the future.

Since you two seem to be craving a Switch golf game, let me tell you about Golf Story. Its an Indie, Golf RPG that's suppose to be a spiritual successor to Mario Golf on the GBC and GBA, where your golfer has an RPG like progression of leveling up his or her golf skills. It also carries some elements of Stardew Valley where you can interact with different characters and build bonds between them by doing chores or playing golf and other games together. Plus there are 8 different golf courses that all have their own gimmicks, like one course that's covered in snow. According to the recent Nindies Showcase, this is slated to release sometime this month and hopefully its good. Here's the trailer:

Loading Video...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: That looks great. The gb/gba Mario Golfs always intrigued me. Will keep an eye on it, thanks!

PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that Golf Story game looks cool as hell!

Valrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the scorecard at the end of a hole, sometimes my score icon is glowing. What's that all about?

Anyhow, this happened:

https://vimeo.com/232739192

Dam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My wife and I thrashed EG on the PSP with multiplayer so this was a no-brainer. Enjoying it quite a lot although I was hoping for a local co-op mode or a way to play two local players online as well - I admit there's probably not much demand for that though.

We had a go at "slots mode" on the multiplayer which made it quite fun - adds a slot wheel of handicaps or advantages when there's a gap in score. I understand this is present in some of the other recent games - however, I can't find a list of these anywhere. Does anyone know what "lie values fixed" means? The icon was ball lie at 80% crossed out and a 90% value instead. I'll have a proper check next time it triggers but does it actually mean all ball lie will be at 90%?

PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valrik: as far as I've seen, the glowing icon usually indicates a chip-in. Not sure if that's 100%, but it's what I've seen every time i've had one.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just got this and wow I'm so addicted already. My character looks so like me, the creator is amazing and I love getting rewards and loot! I know close to nothing about golf but it's so so fun! When your caddy is cheering it's such a great feeling, and I'm so sad when I do horribly and they're dissapointed haha. I just want nothing more than to play this all day and get sweet sweet loot and coins!

Goetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Goetta

I think this game rules and have never had your problems. If you can't trust ClapHanz to put out an honest sports game with no artificial rubberbanding then who can you really trust??

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm really sorry that Everybody's Golf shot your dog.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hansberg

@oliver68: I have never had any of the issues that you're suggesting above. I've not seen any such scripting, as you put it, and have generally easily identified why I have fallen into a water hazard or bunker. I have only ever played on the higher difficulty. I honestly do not believe that there is scripting as you suggest, otherwise there would be far more reports of these issues in this thread alone, let alone anywhere else.

I cannot speak to why you are encountering these issues, and I have not watched you play so I certainly am not going to claim that you are the issue where the game is concerned; but I will say that these are not universal. If there was specific scripting to prevent the player from proceeding, then all other players should be experiencing the same.

A story that I have told before in other threads about Bloodborne. When I first played Bloodborne I despised it. It was, for me, terribly glitch ridden. I would get stuck halfway down a drop, I would get inexplicably stuck on a wagon wheel while so much as walking near it... which was a greater issue when no enemies were around, because at least when enemies were near I could be killed in short order and get back to playing. Enemies were hitting me when they were nowhere near me, the most glaring moment being with the Blood Starved Beast when we was gnawing on my head from across the room (which was amusing from an animation standpoint, since I was able to rotate the camera and watch my character go through the animations of being chewed on without the Beast even being in the shot). I ended up quitting: I realized that I had reached a point where I was just looking for issues to arise.

I also realized something else in looking up these issues: nobody else seemed to be having them to the same extent as myself. It did not change the fact that I encountered them; but I did not state that these issues were universal and widespread. I did not blame others for enjoying the game, or claim that they were ignoring problems. They would have mentioned it if they had. I did end up playing Bloodborne again recently, and enjoyed it, though did not love it the way that others do; but that is not the point. The point is that I was able to look at the situation rationally.

A string of extreme expletives and (for me, the greater issue) sounding off against others that enjoy something that you did not, who did not encounter the same issues, does not help the situation. You're just going out of your way to interfere with the enjoyment of others. It's not to help them at all, just to benefit yourself.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oliver68: This thread is about a different game. Everybody's Golf, released for the PS4 in 2017. Not the PS2 game.