A Realm Reborn - Giant Bomb Free Company Thread

indyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By indyne

Hey guys, just got my character made on Ultros. Teddysworth Tinyhat, Conjurer.

*edit: This is my first post. Coming out of lurking to get involved!

heyavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By heyavin

So I have three other friends that are all on different servers. I don't know if I can play all with them individually, but no way that I would skip the GB guild!
Gladiator: Avin Pihra

servbot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By servbot91

I'm playing as Eon Nova, gladiator class

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm interested in joining the GB Company for XIV.

I made a female miqo'te on Ultros who is currently a Pugilist. However, for retail I plan on making a White Mage. I'm just trying out the Pugilist for now.

The beta phase Pugilist is Revvy Vermillion.

The retail White Mage will be Kai Vermillion

kilopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a GB Linkshell on Ultros? Dunno if I wanna join the FC but would love to join an LS and chat with y'all.

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By MelficeVKM
@kteven said:

I have been playing for most of the day (early beta shit yo), and I'm loving it. I know I shouldn't like being a level 7 fisherman but I do. I find it super weird though that I am on Ultros (NA) and have no lag. Being in England I expected shit to be lagged to fucked, but it works! Best day off in a while.

Oh, that's good to hear! I was about to make my character in Ultros yesterday and only realised then that it's NA. Thought it would be really laggy.

Pity about not being able to make new characters in Ultros, but if it opens up again I'll jump in for sure.

George_McBain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am on Ultros now as a Lancer named Northern Fox. Would love to get into the GB Linkshell once I can! I look forward to this games release as an alternative to my WoW time.

Juno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Looks like the overflowing has stopped, as I too was able to create a second character on Ultros. Still playing as Brayde Tahal, THM.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

I'm currently at work, but I get off early today so I'll add anybody who's on around 1PM CST. Either meet me then or message me with the times you think you'll be playing today.

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Turkalurch

@kilopy: Currently all there is is a linkshell right now. Someone said Free Company's weren't available or transferable for the reason for not having one yet or something like that.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

@kilopy: @turkalurch: Linkshell is up and going. I can't make a Free Company for this open phase because the level cap is 20 and I can't make a Free Company until I join a Grand Company, which doesn't happen until around level 25.

youbastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi All,

Can someone toss me an invite? My character name is "Mara Jade"

youbastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By youbastrd

gotta run some errands ... will try to log back on in 2 hours or so ... can some1 post their character name and I will message them when I get on for an invite

Thx in advance!

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in joining once things get up and running. My character is Remi Corvare.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#165  Edited By ESREVER

Anybody around to add me to the LinkShell?

Character name = Revvy Vermillion. Imma stay logged in for awhile just so i can get the invite.

Juno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166  Edited By Juno

I'm also logged in for a few more hours if someone can throw me an invite. Brayde Tahal. Thanks!

Edit: Invite received!

mason_pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By mason_pat

I PM'd SnakeLinkSonic but I'll ask here anyways... need an invite for Berran Littlehouse

Edit: invite received!

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

Ok, I'm going on now. Message me here or in-game to get an invite.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no looks like servers went down or something. :-(

Have to head out anyways. Cool to see the Linkshell growing so quickly.

BTW wanted to ask...I know to become a Dragoon I have to be a level 30 Lancer and a level 15 Pugilist. How do you switch over to Pug when you're done with the Lancer portion? Also when I make the switch will I have a whole new set of a quests to do to level him to 15 or am I just going to have to grind off of enemies and FATE's or something?

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: You just change weapons to change class. In order to do so you have to unlock the armory system which you get by doing your class quests. I forget which level it is though. All your classes will have exclusive questlines to do, but I've been using FATE and the Hunting Log for any grinding. I'm not sure if the new recommended feature will show you quests in your level range when you switch, but it's worth trying out. Also there's leve quests which you can select according to difficulty and level as well.

Linkshell Notice

I've updated the the OP to include members of the linkshell that now have leader privileges. They can invite others to the shell if I'm not around. If you're online looking for an invite and I'm not, use the player search feature for any of the members in this image and ask for an invite:

No Caption Provided

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no looks like servers went down or something. :-(

Have to head out anyways. Cool to see the Linkshell growing so quickly.

BTW wanted to ask...I know to become a Dragoon I have to be a level 30 Lancer and a level 15 Pugilist. How do you switch over to Pug when you're done with the Lancer portion? Also when I make the switch will I have a whole new set of a quests to do to level him to 15 or am I just going to have to grind off of enemies and FATE's or something?

You switch classes as easily as equipping the weapon for the class you want to swap to. You have to finish your level 10 starting class questline first though. So once you hit 30 on Lancer, all you have to do is poof over to the pugilist guild, sign up, equip the weapon and bam. You're now a level 1 pugilist and a 30 lancer. If it is anything at all like crafting classes, joining another guild gets you some quests to do.

As for me, I finally got onto the Ultros server, so whenever someone in the know is able, an invite is needed for Avelyn Blacke.

See you guys in game.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the help guys.

@kishinfoulux: You just change weapons to change class. In order to do so you have to unlock the armory system which you get by doing your class quests. I forget which level it is though. All your classes will have exclusive questlines to do, but I've been using FATE and the Hunting Log for any grinding. I'm not sure if the new recommended feature will show you quests in your level range when you switch, but it's worth trying out. Also there's leve quests which you can select according to difficulty and level as well.

Linkshell Notice

I've updated the the OP to include members of the linkshell that now have leader privileges. They can invite others to the shell if I'm not around. If you're online looking for an invite and I'm not, use the player search feature for any of the members in this image and ask for an invite:

No Caption Provided

Also that's me on the very top. ^_^

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

just throwing this out there since the OP says some people are on excalibur, add me if you're on excalibur, A'jisa Khei

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Solh0und

I'm on Ultros.

Calene Pono/Pugulist level 14.

I'll be playing alto during early access so I'll meet up with some of you folks during that.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Anyone else have menus that are cut-off on the PS3? Tried changing my aspect ratio and what not, didn't help at all.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on Excalibur so ill add anyone thats from there when i get the chance, my character name is Maneki Kanji

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down to join. My name is Mikka Apostolon and I'm on Uthros. I'm a Conjurer.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish I could play. I have that 3102 error and have been unable to log in for about 30 hours now. I think the beta is over for me. :(

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. Bunnymud Umquat is the name

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Been refreshing for over an hour now and still can't get into Ultros... Does anyone know if character transfers will be available at launch? Might just start my toon on another and bring it over at launch. I'm itching to play!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#181  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@vermisean said:

Been refreshing for over an hour now and still can't get into Ultros... Does anyone know if character transfers will be available at launch? Might just start my toon on another and bring it over at launch. I'm itching to play!

As far as I know, they haven't said yet. Regardless, you will need to pay some sort of a small fee, which also has yet to be announced, to transfer characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@babychoochoo: Alright, thanks! In that case I am willing to pay a fee to move it over at a later time. I'm off to Siren then!

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By WarlordPayne

@hector said:

Anyone else have menus that are cut-off on the PS3? Tried changing my aspect ratio and what not, didn't help at all.

You can go into the HUD settings to move most of the menus around so they fit on screen.

For whatever isn't movable there if you hold L1 and push R3 you will go into mouse mode. You can drag the rest of the stuff around using Right Stick to move the pointer and L1 as a Left Mouse Button. For the chat window you will need to click and drag on the "General" tab to move it.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Can I join? I'm Jack Clutch in game.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

Unfortunately I've been unable to get into any of the betas but I've already preordered and wish to join you guys soon once I create my character. I've dabbled w/ the character creator and I've already decided to be a Hyur Highlander Lancer/Dragoon as a primary. I do have a question regarding names:

After seeing some of your guy's names I'm glad to know that they can be long. Can you only have two names or are you allowed to have another space for a third name? Example: Wild Bill Hickok (not the name I'm gonna use, just an example)

Also are names gonna have to be unique? Or not because they are tied to your already unique Square Enix ID?

Looking forward to playing w/ you guys come the 27th!

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Bane122

@strawhatlaw13: It's been a while since I've made a character but, IIRC, there are entry fields for a first and last name so I don't think you can do three. Also for what it's worth, I've never seen someone with three names running around and I've been around since 1.0.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#188  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@strawhatlaw13: You can only have two names, a first and a last, and the only type of punctuation allowed is an apostrophe. Also, I believe names do have to be unique, but I'm not 100% sure.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#191  Edited By kagato

I had a bit of a nightmare trying to get onto any server this weekend, Ultros seemed to be full everytime i tried (they turned of new characters for a good few hours) so ive started a Mage character right now on Ragnarok and once it settles down ill transfer accross. I could create a new character but ive grown attached to my current one ^_^

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Kteven

Also that's me on the very top. ^_^

And that's me on the bottom! I really enjoyed the beta, unfortunately on Sunday my PC kept freaking out and going into sleep mode. Hopefully I can fix it before the early access starts because the it was fun.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bah I'm on Sargatanas with my friend. Wish I could get in on this :(

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seikenfreak: You can start one up on Sarg if you want. I'll join. The only reason I didn't even try this past weekend is because it wouldn't let me log on with my 1.0 character.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#195  Edited By newhaap

@seikenfreak: You can start one up on Sarg if you want. I'll join. The only reason I didn't even try this past weekend is because it wouldn't let me log on with my 1.0 character.

My legacy char's on Sargatanas also so I'll definitely join up!

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I hate responsibility so..

If one of YOU make it on Sarg I'll join haha.

DudeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By DudeSupreme

I enjoyed my time in the open beta and will probably play Gladiator and Marauder, but does anyone from here play on Japanese or Australian time? Just wondering if I would even be able to play with anyone.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudesupreme: That is a good question. If the shell/comp gets large enough, it might not be as much of a problem to always have access to some people to play with. I don't know where everybody is from though. Maybe I should add that to the OP.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#200  Edited By yagami

Have a really weird question: How the fuck does one get the game digitally on PS3 if you're in the EU? - At the SquEnix store there's only the PC Download, and no FFXIV: ARR in the PS Store (EU, it IS available in the NA store), which is WEIRD, considering that you HAVE to pre-order to get early access. I wanted to pre-order it, but that was freakin' impossible.

Been trying to find a way for 2 days now, and today I expected the PS Store to have it, but oooooooooh no, because it is, as it usually is, the EU PS Store - run by the masters of fuck-uppery.

Hälp, pliz. :(