Ultros is currently a preferred world, «VinCo» has space again and the Free Company Fellowship is live

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic
No Caption Provided

With 5.1, they've eased Ultros congestion back considerably and we're now a preferred server. That means a huge leveling bonus for newcomers and transfers in addition to a few other rewards.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also, as long as you're on the Primal data center you can now join our Fellowship:

No Caption Provided

Q: What is a fellowship?

A: An in-game organizational notice board. Currently for our purposes it's more like a souped-up free company message board.

Q: Is there no chat?

A: No, that's what linkshells are for. Think of this more like a free company corkboard everyone can check in on.

Q: I can't search for the VinCo Fellowship?

A: There actually isn't a word search in the Fellowship Finder. It's very odd/dumb. You have to search by the tags for the fellowship, which really only narrows it down (see the "Activities" area in the image above.

Q: I don't get it, what's the difference between this and a free company and/or linkshell?

A: It's more of an extension of the free company's activities. It's not the best implementation at the moment, but it issomething the game needs. Organizing and shepherding people is currently a chore, even with the luxury of stuff like Discord.

The biggest bullet point in its favor is that it's available to everyone across the Primal data center. People can join it on servers other than Ultros to coordinate with future events we may have. You don't have to be in the free company to keep up (and participate) with our big activities:

No Caption Provided

The second biggest thing it's got going for it is that it has a 1,000 member limit, as opposed to the free company's current 512 limit (or a linkshell's 128). This essentially makes it an effective way to expand Free Company activities in-game.

Fellowships are more of a supplement to the game's party finder than having anything to do with linkshells or free companies. It canbe used to enhance Free Companies (as we're doing), or it can just be for players to organize around a specific activity or interest unrelated to the game entirely.

In addition to that the Free Company has space open again so following the guide to get to our FC house and into the guild is now valid again: https://www.giantbomb.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/3030-26847/forums/joining-the-giant-bomb-free-company-updated-102920-1472844/

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool, I'm on Excalibur, so I can join the fellowship!

Klynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Aw man, I have several friends looking to transfer over from Gilgamesh to join but Gilgamesh is now listed as standard (it was congested). Would have been great to get free transfers!