1up Show downloads

PimpSlappp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy all.

Not sure how to describe it, but been pretty burnt out by games coverage lately. I think it’s a combination of current affairs, plus a lack of personalities that I can latch on to. As a result, I’ve been dipping into my archived podcasts from the mid-to-late 2000s, most of which is 1up content. I realized that I don’t have any local copies of the 1up Show, and the only place I can find it is YouTube. Anyone have any luck finding a good download of the archives?

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1up was so god dang good.

Great website, great sister magazine (EGM), great podcasts, amazing video content, awesome forum with multiple unique communities within it, and a strong lineup of talent (even if a few were real jerks) who regularly made the effort to jump in on conversations, but that was back before the internet sadly became a toxic shit hole.

God...thanks a lot...now I'm gonna spend the rest of the night reminiscing which will likely crossover to hours of GFW clips on YouTube and the last thing I need to do is revisit the Yaddle milk incident.

But, yeah...killer theme...

Loading Video...

Ugh, the nostalgia...givin' me the feels...

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think 1UP Yours and their GFW podcast is what got me into podcasts. For GFW, I wasn't even into PC games, I just liked the guys. Hopefully they're all doing okay. I know Luke Smith is one of the lead devs for Destiny. Would be cool to do a "Where are they now?".

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jeff Green does stream stuff on youtube and also has a podcast out there called "Branching Narratives with Jeff Green"

I remember watching coming home from work, grabbing my Zune with a freshly downloaded episode of the 1up Show, and walking down to Caribou Coffee while watching it.

the last thing I need to do is revisit the Yaddle milk incident.

Y'all don't know shit about Yaddle. Point five meters tall, she stood for us all.

PimpSlappp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PimpSlappp

@zoofame: I just listened to the 1up Yours episode about Neogaf and holy moly that was a ride. Actual legitimate points about online communication and a lack of reciprocity that does ring true.

And I think you nailed it. There was a zeal and genuine enthusiasm about everything, as the coverage was growing alongside the games. Now I’m just tired of the cynicism/sarcasm that creeps up too often. Interestingly, I disagree with the sentiment that Giant Bomb is too negative; I think the crew is just pretty good at telling it like it is.

PimpSlappp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose to dig a little further, how does everyone feel about G4 coming back?

MtnDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, sorry about that.

Also, why is the site still up? I kind of thought people splintered out to whenever they could find a following. Is there actually traffic on 1up?

Didion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoofame: Sorry, which episode had the NeoGaf convo?

Also, I miss the sharp game criticisms from Shawn Elliott.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

Before GB, there was 1UP. Waiting for new episode every week in 2006 was a highlight of my college years. I met some of the guys and they were all awesome. I recently checked out some of the newer Retronauts with Shane which are fun.

1UP was so ahead of its time but also still the best to ever do it. Seriously. No body else has shooting spaces, editing, and quality concise conversations like those. GameSpot tried a couple years back as did PC Gamer and they were nice attempts but not the same.

Brad featured on a couple CO-OP (basically 1UP Show after they got fired from Ziff) like the Wolfenstein review, iirc.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1UP is what got me started with podcasts. And the 1UP Show was probably the thing i looked forward to the most at the end of the week.

Started re-listening to 1UP Yours this summer and listening to Luke and Shane do their bit is still funny as hell.

The only thing that didn't age well is some of the words they use. Sure was a different time.

Avatar image for stefanthemongol
StefanTheMongol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By StefanTheMongol

I also really like their Broken Pixels show, where they played horrible videogames and would make fun of them MST3K style.

PimpSlappp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoofame: just re-listened to it and am surprised at how Shane was hyping Dennis’ arguments the entire time.