3D Fighting Games Online

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just curious, does anyone ever get regular online matches on any 3D games other than Tekken? Been going back to some of my 3D fighters from last year (Soul Calibur, DOA, VF) and they all seem like ghost towns online. Kinda sad, because I feel like it's a waste to play a fighting game if all I can play is the CPU. Seems like all the casual/intermediate players have vacated these games.

Going forward, I hope these companies start to support their games on an ongoing basis so that hopefully the player base sticks around. Seems like unless it's a huge game (Street Fighter or Tekken) that people stick around for a month or so and then just jump over to the new thing. Think if they supported their games with continual DLC or additions that maybe they can keep the excitement going a little longer.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

DOA5 still has people playing online when I last checked, and the Ultimate version should rekindle interest for a bit. VF5FS is a ghost town, true, being both a more niche title and more an upgrade to vanilla VF5 with (arguably) fewer features than a true sequel, though I'm tempted to blame SEGA just being terrible at marketing overseas these days. Shit, look what they did to Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy: just dumped it on shelves with very little fanfare, no hope of patches or further support and now I'm lucky if I can find one other person playing it over Xbox Live.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By soldierg654342

Damn shame nobody is playing VF5FS anymore. That game is amazing.