SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1051  Edited By SuperZamrod
@Evilmetal:  

Yeah I think they should have followed the Wikipedia model.  Just have big donations drives every few months.  
billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

#1052  Edited By billmcneal

@Matthew: 
 what happens to an account if the person owning the account does not sign up for a multipass within 6 months?     

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1053  Edited By Hector

I'm in!

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#1054  Edited By Chummy8

I love GB and I've been here since the beginning.  However, I don't think the membership is worth it. 

1. I don't really care about HD video or being able to download to my HD. 
2. I stopped listening to the Bombcast because I thought they were too long in the first place.  
3. I already have the GB Iphone app  
4.  Ads don't bother me
5. It seems kind of expensive 

I love the Whiskey Media sites and I understand completely why they are doing a paid subscription service.  i am also happy to see that none of the "core" coverage is being messed with.  I wish I could help support the team rather than mooch off of the free service, but it just doesn't seem worth it on my end.

Boostergold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1055  Edited By Boostergold

I've been coming to this site for 3 years since the beggining, they have brought me a lot or memories and a great website. I feel its ok to pay my dues, gotta keep them alive.   If you have a favorite band or author you support them by buying their books or albums or going to concerts etc. this is sort of on the same leve, we're supporting our favorite website just like a big bunch of fanboys/groupies. I understand people are mad because everything used to be free and some things have been stripped from those unable to afford the payment but this is a business folks and we need to keep them alive somehow.
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1056  Edited By matthew

Hey guys, I updated this thing to get some type of retrospective view on how things have progressed over the past 11 months, and to get ready for whatever is going to happen for the next subscriber renewal push.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1057  Edited By crusader8463

I still see it as being nothing more then a glorified donate button.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1058  Edited By Astras

Not this again :P, remember how EPIC this got last year!  

Want give Giant bomb money, click here, enter details. donate... no thanks. 
20ish sec advert at the start of video's and carefully selected adverts on pages would be more than enough and generate significant revenue for GB. The medal system is really quite shit, blocking content from regular site users is shit. The peeps who argued it last time are just GB 'die hards' who seem to enjoy their 'Medal status' 

I still don't want to pay for Screened or any of the other sites, I am only interested in GB. I also think it's inconvenient every time I log in, I get asked to merge my accounts. NOPE.   

Most of the stuff is pointless to me that I would get from paid sub, Happy hours have been mainly uninspiring to me, I even started not bothering with the free ones as the tested guys are just probably the 2 most annoying guys to me, just give me a quick look any day.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1059  Edited By natetodamax

I can't believe there are people still complaining about the subscription system.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1060  Edited By Hizang

I got mine pretty close to when it came out and I have enjoyed every part of it. Personally I treat Giant Bomb quick looks, happy hours, TNT's and all other videos like TV Shows. So I have no issue paying for them, plus the HD and Download services are great. But to be honest I would be happy paying for Giant Bomb even if I got nothing extra, Giant Bomb is really that amazing.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#1061  Edited By wefwefasdf

@natetodamax said:

I can't believe there are people still complaining about the subscription system.

Weird, isn't it?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1062  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Really, I haven't seen any ads at all since cancelling my membership after the first month.