A couple of PlayStation's first parties are leaked on NVIDIA GeForce NOW's database

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear gamers in general on Giant Bomb forums

When I was browsing for gaming news articles, here are the two of them that I found about NVIDIA GeForce NOW's database.

God Of War Discovered in NVIDIA GeForce Now Database (wccftech.com)
God of War, Gran Turismo 7, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet & Clank coming to PC according to NVIDIA Geforce NOW (dsogaming.com)

So what're your thoughts on this?

Oh, I also found another article regarding this leakage, but this one contains one of Nintendo's first parties being listed too.
I unlocked NVIDIA GeForce NOW and stumbled upon Pirates | by Ighor July | Sep, 2021 | Medium

Plus here is the full list of their latest leaked database:
This is a list of Geforce games that do not have a Steam AppID specified. This data is completely unrelated to SteamDB and came from geforce.com graphql. · GitHub

P.S This could be my final generation for console gaming in general otherwise I may stay on PC gaming forever.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Still ain't no sign of Bloodborne.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gtxforza

@justin258: I'm unsure if FromSoftware has the interest to see their Bloodborne come onto PC, if they do, they would port it or get whichever companies including Nixxes (One of Sony Interactive Entertainment's subsidiaries).

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtxforza

For PlayStation's Gran Turismo 7 and Xbox's Forza Motorsport Reboot, there is no doubt on these two will remain as Simcade racers because first of all, it seems that console sim racing players would prefer to play Simcade driving games because they're more optimized and controllable for both controller pad and racing wheel.

Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchise are both born to be simcade.

Meanwhile, most sim racing players on PC would prefer to play higher-end Sim Racing games like iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione, rFactor 2 and Automobilista 2 because they want to have a more realistic experience by having driving physics feel closer to the real world of motorsport, harder A.I, timing it right during practice & qualifying sessions, setting up your car (But there are some presets though), tactics on when to overtake your opponents, have the right time to pit-in to refuel the gas tank, change tires, brakes and driver (When it comes to endurance racing event) so it is more recommended to use the racing wheel with force-feedback support while controller pad had so many problems with it.

Making it more complex than simcade.

For the gaming consoles in general, I pretty much want to treat them as collectible items.

P.S In these days, I'm more of an Assetto Corsa Competizione player plus I prefer Sim Racing over Simcade.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's worth noting they could just be making entries in the database for potential games instead of actual ones, maybe in conversation some guy at Sony could only confirm "i dunno, you know, first party stuff, there aren't that many of em" so they made an entry for all of them.
Unrelated example, here's Half Life 3 in the Steam database.
https://steamdb.info/sub/66300/

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gtxforza
@cikame said:

It's worth noting they could just be making entries in the database for potential games instead of actual ones, maybe in conversation some guy at Sony could only confirm "i dunno, you know, first party stuff, there aren't that many of em" so they made an entry for all of them.

Unrelated example, here's Half Life 3 in the Steam database.

https://steamdb.info/sub/66300/

We're unsure about this leakage to do with this batch of PlayStation's 1st parties coming to PC will be either true or false.

Edit: Thanks for giving me an unrelated example of a fake leak of Half-Life 3.
For some other Valve Games, I love Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive plus these are the handfuls of M-Rated games that I can handle.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Even the person who dug up these entries doesn't think it seems likely. Would love god of war on PC, and it is possible now that Sony are publishing to Steam, but this doesn't really say too much more.

I am curious about the new super mario bros entry. In China, Nintendo partnered with Nvidia before the Switch to release Wii games on an Nvidia tablet. Similar tech that would later become the switch. That could be a holdover from that.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gtxforza
@alistercat said:

Even the person who dug up these entries doesn't think it seems likely. Would love god of war on PC, and it is possible now that Sony are publishing to Steam, but this doesn't really say too much more.

I am curious about the new super mario bros entry. In China, Nintendo partnered with Nvidia before the Switch to release Wii games on an Nvidia tablet. Similar tech that would later become the switch. That could be a holdover from that.

Yep, this is why we shouldn't 100% trust on leaks, but there is something that I remembered from last year when I first heard there were rumours of the next F-Zero leak for the Switch, I thought is going to be true then it turned out to be fake.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gtxforza
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anything is possible, I guess, but "Chrono Cross Remaster" is some real fantasy booking of what Square-Enix is doing with their time.

I hate that I now use "fantasy booking" as a turn of phrase. Curse your discussion of wrestling, GB staff. Curse you!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gtxforza
ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

While this list is almost certainly real, that doesn't mean everything on it is actually a game that will release. These types of database leaks often contain cancelled projects, projects that never got out of a prototype or concept phase, placeholders for potential projects that haven't even gone into production, or even games that do exist but listed under platforms they will not be on.

I've seen some mentioning that Nvidia tools are used to aid in remote work for developers, so it's possible that some games on here are real and being worked on, but will not be coming to GeForce Now or PC at all. It's also basically guaranteed that any Nintendo games on this list are Chinese market only Nvidia Shield releases. Nintendo will not be putting games on PC.

All that being said, a lot these are probably games that do in fact exist and will be coming at some point in the future. It seems pretty clear this isn't a fake leak, but more that the titles found in the database have no guarantee to be genuine projects. Parsing which titles will actually release is pretty easy in some cases (Nintendo, as I said, will not be putting anything on PC), and more murky in others.

Given Sony's recent trends, it seems pretty plausible for any of their first party games to come to PC. I can definitely see God of War getting a PC release as the launch of the sequel gets closer. Makes sense a tactic to drum up interest for the new game to introduce the previous one to a new audience.

Halo 5 for PC is also listed, but I suspect that's a cancelled project. If they were going to put that game on PC, I would think it would have to be before Infinite releases, and it's getting a little late for that. Putting that game on PC after Infinite comes out would be pretty weird.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gtxforza

@ll_exile_ll: In this case, Nintendo's 1st parties appear to spend on a lower budget to develop compared to the majority of PlayStation and Xbox's 1st parties so that's why Nintendo personally choose not to port their games to PC or mobile phones.

Well at the moment, most of PlayStation's 1st parties are currently available on PC via Steam or Epic Games Store are PS4 (Last generation) being remastered for next-gen PC and PS5 because I can tell their respective developer needed more money before they can start on their next project for PS5 console (No matter new or existing IPs).

For Uncharted 4, after I completed my first playthrough back in 2016, then I got bored of it because I'm not a fan of treasure hunting in fiction but yet I predicted it right that this game will no longer be PS4 exclusive, just like how Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 became no longer for PS3 exclusives as they get remastered for PS4.

Okay, here is my unrelated topic below:

In reality, the majority of gamers in this world would like to play games, based on what genre they like and available on their platform, they will enjoy, while they wouldn't judge if it's 1st or 3rd party.

For example, football/soccer fans on PlayStation and Xbox consoles would love to buy and enjoy FIFA (Whichever installment) while they don't mind if it's a third-party title.

I can also see that Call Of Duty and Fifa are both usually top-selling IPs for the PlayStation and Xbox consoles annually.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gtxforza

Even though I'm still neutral to every gaming platform these days because due to different libraries of games and genre associations in terms of population.

Examples:

• Platformers are mostly associated with Nintendo, due to the popularity of Mario.
  • Licensed sports games are mostly associated with PlayStation and Xbox consoles, due to the popularity of FIFA, NBA 2K, and others.
  • Simcade and Open-world arcade racers are more popular than Sim Racing and whichever other sub-genre of driving games when it comes PlayStation and Xbox's consoles because of something like Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, The Crew and Need For Speed plus it seems 50%-70% of PlayStation/Xbox console players use controller pad instead of racing wheel.
  • Sim Racing appears to be more popular than Simcade when it comes to PC gaming, because of iRacing, Assetto Corsa and rFactor plus majority of Sim Racing players on PC are already using their racing wheel with force feedback.

I'm not happy with PlayStation & Xbox elitists because they tend to give all sorts of PlayStation & Xbox gamers, in general, a bad name.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@gtxforza: FromSoft doesn’t own the rights Bloodborne - it is entirely up to Sony to decide whether they would want to port it to PC and I would assume they would sooner remaster it instead.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@gtxforza: FromSoft doesn’t own the rights Bloodborne - it is entirely up to Sony to decide whether they would want to port it to PC and I would assume they would sooner remaster it instead.

Oh, I didn't know that, plus I don't have much knowledge of RPGs in general.

I remembered that when I first saw this game back in 2014, I didn't have an interest in it because it's too dark for me so I personally skipped it.