A Life Well Wasted Episode Seven: Work

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It has been almost three years since the last episode of A Life Well Wasted by Robert Ashley of GFW Radio fame. I'm not exactly sure how many people will remember it but I would urge you to give it a listen, it really is fantastic.

He describes it as "An internet radio show about videogames and the people who love them".

No Caption Provided

Listen here!

Robert Ashley talks to a developer at a big game studio about his strange trip from blue collar work to video game work, gets a lesson in work ethic from legendary game designer John Romero, finds out what can happen when you give your work away for free, and profiles Nick Smith (aka Ulillillia).

http://alifewellwasted.com/2013/03/20/episode-seven-work/ …

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Will definitely listen. Man, to think it's been three years since his last one.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

Can't believe this is finally out, and I can't wait to give it a listen. This has always been one of my favorite "podcasts," it reminds me a lot of This American Life or Radiolab, but for video games!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EXTomar

I wish Robert Ashley could get a steadier release schedule because the comparisons to "This American Life of Video Games" is apt.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap, finally! I thought Bobito had stopped doing these!

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Mageknight

I thought we'd never see another of these; Ashley's work is astounding.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mosespippy

This episode is great. I'm just not sure the piece about Ulillillia fit in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished listening to it just now, I'd never heard of Ulillillia before so that part was interesting to say the least. The Gasketball story was super depressing though.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kishinfoulux

I can't be bothered to listen to this podcast since an episode takes five years to come out. I like a constant flow. I know everyone always raves about this particular one, but the super loose release "schedule" is a major turn off.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Tidel

Nice. Glad to have it back.

I can't be bothered to listen to this podcast since an episode takes five years to come out. I like a constant flow. I know everyone always raves about this particular one, but the super loose release "schedule" is a major turn off.

Okay, special-precious. Don't. But thanks for letting us know. I'll put it in the book.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@seb said:

I'd never heard of Ulillillia before so that part was interesting to say the least.

Check out his YouTube channel sometime (same name); it can be pretty interesting.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kishinfoulux

@tidel said:

Nice. Glad to have it back.

@kishinfoulux said:

Okay, special-precious. Don't. But thanks for letting us know. I'll put it in the book.

I'm sorry my opinion bothers you. Would you like some kleenex for those salty tears?