Abby is Good People

This topic is locked from further discussion.

amwbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amwbox

I don't really post on these forums, but just noticed that the comments sections had to be killed over the Independence Day-themed videos...apparenly because a bunch of mouthbreather trumpkin snowflakes threw a hissy fit and needed a safe space.

I was irritated by Abby at first, over the whole Dream Daddy GOTY fiasco, but I agree with her general principals, her respect for core American values, and the timeliness of saying so and reminding ourselves what we are supposed to be about.

So before you delete this post, please pass along my good wishes and warm regard to Abby. Too bad her video series got squashed by idiots.

*waving flag emoji*

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think it's a mistake for progressive types to treat patriotism as something to be allergic to because it cedes ground to conservatism, giving them monopoly power over defining what patriotism can be, at least in public perception (where it matters most honestly). That said, the cutting short of the series is probably the closest form of expressing progressive patriotism, eg: skepticism (even outright rejection) of nationalism and American exceptionalism during a time when it is supremely unwarranted, like now.

So I guess while I agree with the end course of action, I wish the reason would have been more clear because it feels like assholes out there could easily spin it as some sort of victory in their culture war bullshit, and I don't want them to even have room for that notion.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zandrake94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never watched either of the videos but was surprised by the outrage, especially since Dan's enthusiasm for America is not a revelation and it looked goofy from the thumbnails. I got frustrated with Abby during GOTY because of Dream Daddy and some segments (Persona 5 doesn't have style, it IS style), but ultimately it passed because that wasn't important and I remembered Brad's Destiny rants returning whenever it was in serious contention. Everyone has one or two games they pull for strongly, and usually even more so in Game of the Year if they are the only ones on that side, like Destiny.

Anyway I don't know where this is going, so I'll close with thanks to Abby to her humor, Thirteen Deadly Sims, and enthusiasm.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think someone should just post a general Abby appreciation thread, without talking about "idiots" in the first post. She's awesome.

You know, I'll do it if this gets locked.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I don't know what this is about. I don't have Premium. n.n;

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not even sure who's who, or what's what in this thread atm, but I want to say that I hope that they replace the series with another one with Dan and Abby. I like the chemistry and the series was helping me get into east stuff a little bit more.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Unless they deleted all of their posts it wasn't right wing people who called for the cancellation of that series in the comments.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

https://i.imgur.com/oFuM7kP.gif

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

We already had a forum thread on this topic that was locked because users kept provoking and insulting each other. As far as I'm concerned, this thread is a duplicate of that one and has devolved into the same behaviour.