Achievements; have they become obsolete?

• 57 results
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I like getting pointless awards as much as the next guy, but I like achievements more for the time stamping then anything else. Feels like I can quantify how much time I've wasted.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Morrow

I like achievements.

I like collecting things in general. To me, achievements are also a good motivation to fully explore a game, or to do multiple playthroughs that I would usually skip.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By That1BlackGuy

While I personally don't care for them, achievements/trophies still have their place in the current market. We'll likely see this trend continued on in the next generation, perhaps even expanded upon.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By spiceninja

No; I don't think; they have.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By iam3green

i don't care for them. i only have 9,000 or so achievements and a few trophies. i don't care to get them. i find them boring to have to get them.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Vextroid

I still enjoy when I get achievement pop-ups in my Steam games but if the next-gen of systems remove achievement-like systems. I wouldn't miss it. Maybe then devs will put in meaningful unlocks and bonuses for achieving weird/hard tasks.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By tourgen

It's great to have a way to show off difficult challenges you've completed for full-game-playthrus you've done. Even a simple system that just publicly tracked your game progress on a meter and difficulty setting would be far superior to what xbox live is doing right now.

For anything other than that - pointless and really just annoying.

I think the PS3 trophy system is the best form out their right now. Golds really mean something and haven't been diluted down as much as the other systems. As soon as xbox live started giving out achievements for hitting the options menu or pushing start it busted the system and devalued everything attached to it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By falserelic

I wish we could get points for achievements to unlock stuff on the market place.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AngelN7

No.