Activision: Scenario I'd like to bounce off you guys...

Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lamashtu

If there's one company in the games industry that has inspired such unheard of levels of anger and vitriol, it would undoubtedly be Activision. That much is obvious with them putting out a new full-priced Guitar Hero game and peripheral every two weeks, openly declaring that they want to rip-off customers by developing subscription payment models for their non-MMO games, pissing in the eyes of ardent PC gamers with the lack of dedicated server support for Modern Warfare 2, firing two of the most respected names in the industry, and charging a (comparatively) large sum of money for DLC. Unfortunately for us, we can yell and cry foul all we want, Activision will come out on top practically every time because 99% of the people who buy their games aren't even aware of the aforementioned things.

Reading all the angry comments over MW2's Stimulus map pack got me thinking: What if, in a rare display of solidarity (and willingness to go outdoors), core and hardcore gamers around the world embarked on a mass guerilla information campaign, ala Project Chanology, informing the average Joe consumer of the business practices of Activision? What if a few gamers started hanging out near Gamestops and Best Buys started handing out flyers with direct quotes from Bobby Kotick's mouth (not like it's hard to find at least a few dozen that makes him look like a complete douche) and suggested other quality products like Bad Company 2, Company of Heroes, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Uncharted 2 (geez, there's a lot of "2s" here), and the Orange Box that are better value for money instead of games published by Activision?

Before the flames start, I'd like to say that I'm well aware how farfetched this is, and I am not actively encouraging people to possibly get arrested for violating solicitation laws. I just thought that this might be a cool point of discussion and it'd warm the cockles of my heart if something like this ever happened.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

I  don't think anyone would take us seriously (Lol they're just games, not important.), but I'd be willing to participate in such an effort.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

i dunno, most people that walk into a gamestop or best buy have no idea who bobby kotic is and much less care how he treats gamers. so its a good idea in concept but execution would leave much to be desired
Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Deathawk

The only real thing that you could get the general public behind is the Infinity Ward thing. 

Guitar Hero games being released nonstop: Sure why not?

Dedicated Servers: What are those.

You see what I'm getting at? 

Also anyone who actually does this deserves the whole of the ridicule they'll get from rational people...