Advertising

PunkBeatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PunkBeatz

Does anyone know if advertising is going to be placed on GB anytime soon? Bomb staff have to make a living so I presume that advertising is one of the major ways to fund GB...

When advertising does happen, do you think a paid membership will be implemented and one of the benefits will be the facility to turn off advertising?

It's not something that bothers me at all, I would just be interested to hear other peoples views on whether a paid membership, if it happened, would be of interest.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hazelnutman

I doubt GB will do anything like paid memberships and whatnot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Lmfao, I would never pay for this site just to remove ads. That's ridiculous IMO.

Just get adblocker and bam.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By snide

GB will start advertising later this year. We're all trying to be as clever as possible when it comes to non-obtrusive, but valuable ways ads can show up here.

We are presently toying around with the idea of a subscription based / no ads option, but have not made a decision yet. It's definitely not something we'd go overboard with as far as features go, and would more then likely be just a cheap way for peeps to turn off ads.

Dave

PunkBeatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PunkBeatz

Thanks for the info Dave.

I don't think many here will have a problem with advertising in the non-obtrusive way you suggest - if it's keeping the site up and running and supporting you guys, it's a tiny price to pay for such a top notch site!

IxRyanRitterxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By IxRyanRitterxI
snide said:
"GB will start advertising later this year. We're all trying to be as clever as possible when it comes to non-obtrusive, but valuable ways ads can show up here.

We are presently toying around with the idea of a subscription based / no ads option, but have not made a decision yet. It's definitely not something we'd go overboard with as far as features go, and would more then likely be just a cheap way for peeps to turn off ads.

Dave
"
make clan support...charge for ladders =)
UrbanGuerilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By UrbanGuerilla
Sentry said:
"Lmfao, I would never pay for this site just to remove ads. That's ridiculous IMO.

Just get adblocker and bam.
"
Exactly. Get Firefox. Get Adblocker. Simple. I haven't actually seen an ad lately!
Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AmericanPegasus

Yea chances are people who are into the internet enough to buy a subscription, will also know about Ad-block plus.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clarke0

As long as there is no pop-ups or those Flash ads that fly around the page I'm fine with ads. The blank space on the left would be a great spot to place a vertical ad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, rather pointless to me anyways. Ads are cool I guess, when they are about games only, but its rather nicer to just turn them off completely with FF.