After seeing what happened at Tested.com... do you fear the worst for Giantbomb? (POLL)

• 131 results
duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By duggshammer

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Grimluck343

If they touch Giant Bomb like they fucked with Tested, you'll read about me in the news tomorrow.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beaudacious

Seriously? Freaking thread lock incoming..

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

That tested redesign is vicious marketing at its best. Jaime and Adam are the celebrities, they automatically get top billing, everyone else is a lackey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I will say that I am more skeptical of GiantBomb's future after what I've seen of Tested, but I will not pre-judge their future based on that. Still really, really bummed about Tested though. :-(

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dabe

It would be fun to see Jeff, Ryan & Brad at the top of the new site design (deliberately excluding the other contributors a la Tested).

Not now, but in a couple of years time, Giant Bomb will likely be gone. Still, I enjoy it now and will try to enjoy it until it's over.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeeGee

Tested was bought out by an entirely different company then Giant Bomb, for entirely different reasons.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish
duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By duggshammer

@Beaudacious said:

Seriously? Freaking thread lock incoming..

I don't see what the problem is, it's a valid question after seeing the joke that tested.com has become. I really hope that doesn't happen here and I didn't vote yes, but I'd like to see how everyone's feeling about this in relation to giantbomb.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xbob42

@DeeGee said:

Tested was bought out by an entirely different company then Giant Bomb, for entirely different reasons.

What this fine gentleman has stated.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Master_Funk

Nah, they would be straight up lying if they completely redesign it like the tested redesign. I mean if it was between getting sold to CBSi or bermanbraun, based on the evidence, I think GB dodged a bullet.

i8Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By i8Donuts

@Mikemcn: I don't know I think the name Will Smith has a bigger pull than Adam and Jamie

Salbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Salbert

Tested and GiantBomb were sold to two different companies. It is BEYOND IDIOTIC to even CONSIDER how Tested has turned out when trying to predict what will happen to Giant Bomb.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grimluck343

@Master_Funk said:

Nah, they would be straight up lying if they completely redesign it like the tested redesign. I mean if it was between getting sold to CBSi or bermanbraun, based on the evidence, I think GB dodged a bullet.

Wonder what cable television celebrity they could have tied to Giant Bomb?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Milkman

You do realize that Giant Bomb and Tested are owned by two totally different companies?

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By duggshammer

@DeeGee said:

Very true, but I hope this change doesn't make giantbomb a big commercial website. I mean, it's a double-edged sword, I want the giantbomb guys to be as successful as possible, but I also like giantbomb the way it is... a site like gamespot has no personality.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Dagbiker

@Grimluck343 said:

@Master_Funk said:

Robin Williams.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

Anyone that didn't think Jamie and Adam would take top billing on the site is naive. Their international celebrity dwarfs Will and Norm's internet celebrity. Of course the site is being headlined by the Mythbusters crew.

renachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By renachan

The redesign had oddly made me more optimistic about GB? Yesterday I was more on the cautious then optimistic side of cautiously optimistic about stuff for thr GB side of things, while pretty stoked about things for Tested.  Now I'm worried but holding my breath for tested, and I guess I'm trusting GB more to say GB? Mythbusters is a bigger name, thus all the Jamie and Adam re-branding. But Giant Bomb has mostly the same people and they still should stay the draw so little less to worry there. 

Also I trust GB to not make horrible site design choices like Tested has :/ So much wasted space, so much stuff under the fold, how WHITE the thing is. Color is your friend Tested, and not everything has to be so horribly vertical. I feel like I'm on a tumblr or a wordpress, not a website.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Aarny91

I honestly have no idea.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MiniPato

No, Giant Bomb has a bigger, more vocal fanbase and Jeff has a lot of pull considering the controversy that surrounded him. If CBS tries anything with Giant Bomb you'd bet both the media and community backlash will be heavy. Tested though is still a pretty small site.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Dagbiker said:

@Grimluck343 said:

@Master_Funk said:

Robin Williams.

Ice-T's Giant Bomb.com

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#23  Edited By alistercat

Bought by a completely different company and going in a completely different direction. GB will get a redesign in the coming months but their situations are not comparable.

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By AnxiousTube

Holy shit! I'm not worried about giant bomb, but wow! Tested is fucked up...

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZenaxPure
@rebgav said:

Mike Rowe is now Editor-in-Chief. Giant Bomb officially "filthy dirty."

I would oddly be OK with seeing a giant Mike Rowe picture at the top of the GB page and video game reviews from him. I am sure it would be a fairly amazing experience to read and see.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By coakroach

I dont think we'll be seeing Adam Sessler's Giant Bomb

Although...

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By breadfan

It's a bummer that Will and Norm seem to have gotten short changed, but I get it. They have to get the MythBuster name out there for a new audience.

Giant Bomb however already has its big names. Things will be fine.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GalacticPunt

@Dagbiker said:

@Grimluck343 said:

@Master_Funk said:

Robin Williams.

Quicklooks played by Robin and Zelda Williams? Shut up and take my money!

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Beaudacious

@duggshammer: They are owned by two very different companies, they're completely different relationships with those companies/individuals, and GiantBomb has repeatedly stated " SHITS GONNA BE THE SAME SON". Also you're adding fuel to the Troll fire, just with your title. Third there's already a poll for this, a new one isn't required just because of tested.

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By duggshammer

@Hailinel said:

Anyone that didn't think Jamie and Adam would take top billing on the site is naive. Their international celebrity dwarfs Will and Norm's internet celebrity. Of course the site is being headlined by the Mythbusters crew.

I don't know if 'taking top billing' is the right way to put it. They took the website, plastered the mythbusters everywhere, and called it their own. And that's not my point... tested and giantbomb have been sold to bigger companies, I'm just wondering if this change to tested makes people worry about giantbomb.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By imsh_pl

Is this shit a motherfuckin' documentary?

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AnxiousTube

@Breadfan: That's bullshit. Most of the people who have been on tested probably have had some form of contact with Mythbusters... In my opinion, it's just a really low blow to will and norm for all of the work they put into the site.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Willy105

What happened to Tested is why you would feel better with what happened to Giant Bomb, because you know that is not what is happening.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Grimluck343

@GalacticPunt said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Grimluck343 said:

@Master_Funk said:

Robin Williams.

Quicklooks played by Robin and Zelda Williams? Shut up and take my money!

They already took your money and ran laughing all the way to CBS.

ludorverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ludorverr

What's happening to Tested is faceless, you have no name to blame (you cannot blame the mythbusters themselves). Have faith in John Davison. He sounded a little soulless in the Jeff video interview but he seems very trustworthy.

Another aspect of the new games media is directly involving the readers and talking about culture of gaming, not just games. "Gaming is as much about culture as it is product, so we will endeavor to assert the personalities of that culture wherever possible. Gaming is about people, and what entertains them; not just "product." Our programming will (hopefully, or I'll be out of a job) find a balance between information and entertainment that works for you," he says, adding, "We will never be afraid to adapt. If something isn't working, we'll change it. Nothing we do is so precious that it should exist purely for the sake of legacy. As gamers, you are on the cutting edge of media consumption, and your tastes lead trends in the way that media is absorbed. We'll be watching you very closely, and taking your feedback very seriously. If we think a content type, or approach isn't working - we will adapt."

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/games-media-must-move-beyond-commodities-says-gamespot-vp/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-16-john-davison-jeff-gerstmann-were-at-a-time-of-great-change

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TentPole

I like devil cock.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#37  Edited By Hailinel
@duggshammer

@Hailinel said:

I don't know if 'taking top billing' is the right way to put it. They took the website, plastered the mythbusters everywhere, and called it their own. And that's not my point... tested and giantbomb have been sold to bigger companies, I'm just wondering if this change to tested makes people worry about giantbomb.

All we have to go on is a site reskinning and an intro video by Jamie and Adam. Written content is still largely Will and Norm at work. The podcast has been promised to continue. It's different, yes, but Will, Norm, and Joey still have jobs, they're doing what they've been doing. There is no reason to panic or feel bad for them. This isn't Whiskey Media anymore, and we have to accept that. I'm much more worried for Rorie, Screened, and Anime Vice at this point.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ZenaxPure
@duggshammer said:

@Hailinel said:

As it's been said they were sold to different companies by different people. Giant Bomb was bought because the direction they are going is the future of games journalism. Yes the website layout is going to change (they said as much in the pancake video) and yes there will be other changes (probably will higher more editors, I bet) but there is no connection between the direction Tested is going and the direction GB is headed, you can't base one off the other.  

To put it simply based on what we've gathered from the videos and stuff: Tested was bought for the technology behind the website/Engineers and the brand (the word Tested fits like a damn gloves with what Mythbusters does) while GB was bought because Davison wants to fund the future of game journalism.
duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By duggshammer

@Beaudacious said:

@duggshammer: They are owned by two very different companies, they're completely different relationships with those companies/individuals, and GiantBomb has repeatedly stated " SHITS GONNA BE THE SAME SON". Also you're adding fuel to the Troll fire, just with your title. Third there's already a poll for this, a new one isn't required just because of tested.

I believe a new one is especially required now because of what happened at tested, I certainly did not expect that. I'm not trying to troll at all, seeing the new tested.com was disturbing, because all I thought about was that the same type of thing could happen to my favorite gaming site. These are strange times at GiantBomb and I'm just trying to see the reaction to tested.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Cirdain

This thread is nearly as dumb as some of the tested mobile site stuff.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jimbo

Will and Norm have to answer to that douchebag in the beret now?? Excuse me a moment...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........ahhhhh

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I absolutely hate what's happened to Tested.

I'm not so worried about Giantbomb, the guys are smart enough to know that people don't want something like that to happen. I can see changes coming slowly, eventually.. but at least for the immediate future, I can't imagine Giantbomb ceasing to be Giantbomb.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By Vinny_Says

@duggshammer said:

@Hailinel said:

Not in the immediate future, GB will stay GB for a long time but sooner than later we will get the announcement we all know is coming: "GB and Gamespot are merging to create the best gaming website on the net....running two video game websites isn't financially sound...you will get the best experience here on (website.com)....etc etc etc....

And I will be ready for it and will enjoy whatever content they provide.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By ShadowConqueror

E. I'm not sure yet

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By crusader8463

It's disgusting what they are doing to tested, but it's a different company that owns that half of the sites now. I'm not worried about something that bad happening here as quickly, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened more gradually here.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jack268

B and D, but the company that owns Tested... I mean Jamie and Adam's Tested now aren't the same as the company that owns Giantbomb.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aegon

Someone please stop these threads. 

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By geirr

C'mon. We know these guys, it'll be fine.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AngelN7

oh you silly internet ... who wants to bet that 1 minute after the new Giant Bomb design rolls out the following threads will be made : ' Am I the only one who loved the previous design?' , ' POLL : How do you feel about GB new web layout' , ' I liked the old desing better' .... really? how can't you not see how this is one of the best thing it could've happen to the Tested guys? , oh right you're jumping to conclusions quickly because you're the internet and cannot stop being dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a1372cc3e61
deactivated-57a1372cc3e61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, what are you guys on about? I'm sure tested is still OK, now if you'll excuse me I have to go visit the site and- OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HORSE SHIT? WHAT HAPPENED TO TESTED?