• 67 results
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By louiedog

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, due to a set of circumstances beginning on Saturday that involved AT&T installing DSL at my neighbor's place and knocking out my internet, a few hours of poor customer service, me canceling AT&T accounts, a Comcast install this morning, and now a bad router, I currently have no way to get my phone online. I look forward to trying it out this week. Hopefully tomorrow. 

edit: Was just able to try it out and everything is working great. Thanks again for the update.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Did you noticed the app stopped updating the videos list after the last interface update?

Its a great app, and I use it regularly; so I would like to know if the author still gives it support.

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just started using the app a couple days ago, just switched from an iOS phone to an Android one. I had the same questions as hermes: does the author still support the app? And if so, is there a timeline on getting the videos list feed updated?

Also, any way it can be set to auto-pause playback when headphones are removed? I watch/listen to a lot of stuff while I'm at work, and I really miss that feature from the iOS version.

soup_menu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, developer here.

I haven't had a lot of time to devote to side projects lately and one of the consequences of that is that WMVB / GBVB haven't been updated to work with the new site yet. My calendar is pretty booked for at least the next few weeks which unfortunately means that the apps are likely to remain broken for a while. I'm really sorry about leaving you guys high and dry, but I hope you'll bear with me and pick back up with the apps once they've been revised.

In the mean time, you guys should give the new mobile site a try. The engineers have done a bang-up job and, although it's not quite the same as a dedicated app, I think you'll find that it's a fine way to access Giant Bomb's video content.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

the mobile site is even less responsive than before, at least on android. please fix it up as soon as you can :(

hungry_horace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soup_menu This app will be sorely missed because it's the best time you can have on a mobile device (some credit due to GB team of course). I'll have to go back to reading books on the train every day.

Hadn't noticed the source code shared anywhere but I'd be pleased to help with a fix if that would expedite things.

digeratix90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to the update. This is my most used app and I can't wait to use it again.

soup_menu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By soup_menu

Happy Tuesday, y'all! The API has come back up and it appears to be compatible with WMVB. I'd pulled the app from sale when things broke and have just now re-listed it. That process can take a few hours, but very soon it will be available in Google Play again.

Thanks for hanging in there, guys!

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sounds great, big fan of the app - if anything breaks and you're unable to work on it and are fine to release the source, then I can pick up and fix whatever the problem is. Cheers.

soup_menu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_: I appreciate the offer. I'm not at the point of being unable to work on the app just yet, but it's nice to know that, should that day come, there are people willing to take up the mantle.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61  Edited By kaos_cracker

@soup_menu: Hey the WMVB is working now for me. I am getting a problem where every now and then the video will skip a few seconds ahead on its own. It may be my tablet, but I just want to see if this is happening to anyone else.

DGBruin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It seems to be working fine now. I was worried that with the new site, the WMVB would become obsolete. Alas, that was not the case. Thank you @soup_menu for making such a great app.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome man, works splendid.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By super2j

does anybody know where the saved videos are saved in the file directory. I would rather use my video apps instead of in app player. There is nothing wrong with that player. It is just that my video player apps have some nice features this is missing.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By JaredA

@super2j: For me it's SD card > Android > data > com.whiskeymedia.unofficial.wmvb > files > videos > giantbomb. From there each of the videos are divided into separate folders.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jareda said:

@super2j: For me it's SD card > Android > data com.whiskeymedia.unofficial.wmvb > files > videos > giantbomb. From there each of the videos are divided into separate folders.

THANK YOU! now this is perfect.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@super2j said:

@jareda said:

@super2j: For me it's SD card > Android > data com.whiskeymedia.unofficial.wmvb > files > videos > giantbomb. From there each of the videos are divided into separate folders.

THANK YOU! now this is perfect.

Glad I could help!